We are committed to dismantling barriers and prejudice, in order to cultivate a more inclusive environment within the WBENC network.
Join us in kicking off Pride Month by elevating these five WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprises! Thanks to our Women & Pride title sponsor, FedEx, for their continued support of this program. Don’t forget to swing by the Women & Pride Community Meet up at the WBENC National Conference in Atlanta to meet these WBEs in person!
Felicia McCoy (she/her)
CEO & President | BG Promotions, Inc.
With over 20 years of experience, BG (ByGrace) Promotions is helping businesses understand the digital and technical world by helping brands come to fruition through creativity and knowledge.
BG Promotions, Inc., is a Digital Brand Advertisement, Marketing and Software Corporation created and designed to assist small businesses in building and/or maintaining their Digital Brand Marketing Platforms.
Denise Merritt (she/her)
CEO | Merritt Business Solutions
For over 30 years Denise has helped business owners with their employee administration solutions. Since founding Merritt Business Solutions in 2017, Denise has realized her true professional calling. Working in the role of Business Consultant for multiple leading PEOs and HRO’s, Denise learned first-hand the art and skills for fitting clients’ business circumstances with the solution most suited to their immediate and long-term needs.
Norel Mancuso (she/her)
CEO | Social House Inc.
Norel Mancuso is the CEO of Social House, Inc. an award-winning Digital Growth Agency that has broadcasted content to more than 182 countries worldwide. For the last decade, Mancuso and her team have created distribution strategies, creative content, and paid media campaigns for a multitude of brands and industries, including Pepsi, Revlon, Harry Winston, LORAC Cosmetics, SONOS, Playboy, J Brand, and other notable clients.
Lianne Lami (she/her)
CEO & President | Bocci Engineering & Construction
Bocci Engineering & Construction specializes in solving your operational challenges. We are a multi-disciplinary consulting firm formed in 2002, providing our clients innovative utilities and facilities services.
Lianne Lami’s passion for innovation, sustainability, and drive to serve have built a unique scalable business in the energy and utilities industries. Bocci Engineering & Construction specializes in solving your operational challenges. We are a multi-disciplinary consulting firm formed in 2002, providing our clients innovative utilities and facilities services.
Elise Lindborg (she/her)
CEO | Brand | Pride
Less than 10% of Fortune 500 companies use LGBTQ+ vendors for Pride. We find this statistic troublesome, but more importantly the LGBTQ+ community at large takes issue with this. In fact, people have started to take note of this and are applying more and more pressure on brands to use LGBTQ+ suppliers for Pride related activities.
As the Title Sponsor of WBENC’s Women & Pride program, we’re thrilled to highlight FedEx and their outstanding commitment to the LGBTQ+ community.
FedEx prides ourselves on being a diverse and inclusive business, we support organizations that accelerate acceptance in our communities. We provide monetary donations and volunteer hours to nonprofits creating safe spaces, providing academic and career opportunity, and equipping allies in support of the LGBTQ+ community. We envision a culture where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, and can be their true authentic selves at home, at work, and in the community. Some of these investments and activities include:
- Sponsoring the 2022 Miami Beach Pride parade for the first time, with more than 40 team members participating along with their family and friends to show support for all people in the community
- In 2021, our operating companies came together for Pride Month by creating a leadership-led video series showcasing our commitment to the LGBTQ+ community, designing a FedEx Cares Pride logo, and introducing pronouns into our email signature line
- Sponsoring the 2022 Memphis exhibit “Rise Up: Stonewall and the LGBTQ+ Right Exhibit,” which will also include a local component, “Memphis Proud: The Resilience of a Southern LGBTQ+ Community”
- Participating in the 2022 Mid-South Pride and Festival in Memphis, TN and hosting an information booth about FedEx and its support of the LGBTQ+ community inside and outside in the company
- Donating money and time to nonprofits such as: The Matthew Shepard Foundation, The Trevor Project, Point Foundation, OUTMemphis, and others
Women & Pride at National Conference
Corporate Allyship: Standing Up for LGBTQ+ with Diverse & Engaged
- WHERE: Orange Stage (WBENC Arena)
- WHEN: Tuesday, 2:45 – 3:45pm
- Description: Recognizing varying dimensions of diversity is a critical success factor in creating an inclusive ecosystem. This session is about understanding the distinct needs of one dimension of diversity: LGBTQ plus. You will learn key themes, insights, and best practices relevant to engaging this community and glean from a corporate member’s experience as an Ally. Our goal is to enlighten attendees on how to avoid common mistakes and become better leaders of the future as it pertains to embracing gender identity differences at work and in business.
Women & Pride Community Meet Up
- WHERE: Orange Tables (WBENC Arena)
- WHEN: Tuesday, 4:00 – 5:00pm
- Description: Women & Pride is WBENC’s newest outreach & development program designed to support and strengthen the community of LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs and corporate professionals within the WBENC network and beyond. We invite all members of the LGBTQ+ community, including WBEs as well as corporate professionals, to join us for a celebratory Women & Pride meet up! We also invite anyone who would like to attend as an ally to the community to join for thoughtful conversation, networking, and celebration!
Other Women & Pride Announcements
The WBENC Women & Pride Resource Library will serve as a hub for LGBTQ+ resources for individuals as well as organizations who are looking to be more inclusive of the LGBTQ+ community in their language and actions. If your organization is interested in contributing to the WBENC Women & Pride Resource Library, please submit the following form for review! Content Contribution Form
Are you an LGBTQ+ business owner? Are you dually certified with NGLCC? The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is the business voice of the LGBT+ community, the largest advocacy organization dedicated to expanding economic opportunities and advancements for LGBT+ people, and the exclusive certifying body for LGBT+ -owned businesses. Learn more about NGLCC certification.
Questions about Women & Pride? Reach out to Avery Trump at firstname.lastname@example.org.