Once WOSB/WBENC certification is granted, applicants must complete the additional United States SBA required steps to be eligible to participate in the WOSB Federal Contracting Program.
First, determine if you are eligible to participate in the WOSB Federal Contracting Program:
- The federal government may restrict competition under the WOSB Program only in certain industries. 13 C.F.R. 127.500.
- SBA has designated those industries applicable to the WOSB Program by North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code.
- If any NAICS code, listed on your WOSB certificate, appears as a WOSB code on the NAICS listing for the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program set asides, you are ELIGIBLE.
- Represent status in System for Award Management (SAM) as WOSB*
- Go to beta.certify.sba.gov
- Scroll down and click on Get Started
- Click Create Account
- You will be redirected to SBA Connect site via Login.gov
- Click Create an account and follow the prompts to claim your business then submit an application and upload your WBENC-issued WOSB certificate.
- Once your certification is confirmed, you will receive a formal confirmation from the SBA.
*If not eligible to participate in the set aside program, only Step 1 needs to be completed.
NOTE: The SBA will grant a three-year WOSB certification, which requires the completion of an annual attestation via beta.certify.sba.gov. If you are certified through WBENC, WBENC will continue to process your WOSB recertification annually to upload as part of your attestation requirement.
Any questions regarding the SBA site should be directed to email@example.com