A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News:
- Jy Maze, Maze Freight Solutions, was selected for inaugural Forbes Magazine’s Next 1000 List.
- Hannah Kain, President & CEO of ALOM, reflects on her companies global expansion and her advice for other WBEs.
- Actuated Medical received the SBA’s prestigious Tibbets Award.
- Rose International launched a Racial Justice Initiative to advance racial equity, pledging a $2M commitment to communities of color.
- Leigh Anne Lankford of TrainingPros shares the 7 reasons becoming a certified women-owned business is right for you.
- Four Seasons Total Landscaping will be featured in a doc giving first-hand account of the rollercoaster series of events following the 2020 election.
- Consolidated Marketing Services acquires award-winning promotional merchandise agency Progressive Promotions. Merger creates one of the nation’s largest women-owned branded merchandise agencies.
- Julie Lilliston Communications selected to participate in Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program
- ASC Group and Auxano Environmental merger creates WBE/DBE evaluation and consulting powerhouse.
- Carey Jaros, CEO of GOJO, leads the company in stepping up as pandemic-stricken world needs its hand sanitizer.
- Stephanie Wineman of GACO Sourcing featured as a Woman Who Moves Detroit.
- Dee C. Marshall of Diverse & Engaged featured on CNBC on how she is working to bring diversity to Corporate America.
Corporate Members In the News:
- Leonard Spencer, Director of Supplier Diversity & Sustainability at The Walt Disney Company, was recognized as a Social Justice Game Changer by the Orlando Magic.
- Hear from John Taylor, Director of Supplier Diversity at Medtronic on understanding Medtronic’s Supplier Diversity Program.
- Chevron’s Dave Feldman, shares his perspective on how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted him personally and Chevron globally.
- Coffee with Corporates: Get to know Brenda Erickson, Director of Supplier Diversity at ConocoPhillips.
- Coffee with Corporates: Get to know Nancy Swartout, Global Sustainable Procurement Manager of ExxonMobil.
- Cummins and WBENC invest in the future through the WBENC Cummins Grant Program funding 12 Black, female NextGen entrepreneurs.
Media Partner News:
- WEUSA: Read the latest issue.
- Enterprising Women: Read the latest issue.
- BEQ Pride: Read the latest issue.
- MBE Magazine: Read the latest issues.
- Diversity Professional: Read the latest issue. (Hear from Diversity Professional on The Challenging Role of DEI Personnel in the New Workplace)
- Professional WOMEN’s Magazine: Read the latest issue.
- 5 Reasons to Attend the WBENC 2021: Focus on the Future virtual event series starting March 1!
- WBENC has been celebrating Black History this month. Learn more.
- Read the recap of WBENC Energy Week last year.
- WBENC-Certified WBEs now have free access to EOS tools, and dedicated support for businesses interested in finding Professional EOS Implementers®.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Follow this link to contribute content or share your thoughts in the comments!