A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News:
- SCALEit LIVE, a 3-day virtual event from WBENC-Certified Pinnacle Global Network, is happening October 21-23, 2021. Use promo code WBENC to receive $300 off your registration fee.
- Innovien Solutions ranks on the 2021 Inc. 5000, Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies, with over 4,600% growth.
- Windsor Group LLC ranks on the 2021 Inc. 5000, Inc. Magazine’s List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies, with over 2,225% growth.
- Lynne Marie Finn, President and CEO of Broadleaf Results, named Business First’s 2021 “Businesswoman of the Year”.
- Bella Sun Luci recently brought home a coveted recognition from the TASTY AWARDS. Its Plant-Based Tomato Jerky: Teriyaki & Cracked Pepper was named the Top Artisan Plant-Based/Vegan Jerky of the year.
- American Fashion Network is launching a new campaign to empower women in the workplace beginning in September.
- Deborah Trevino, of Treco Services, Inc., a full service company providing Janitorial Services, Paper Supplies, Pressure Washing, Ground Maintenance, Window Washing, Floor and Carpet Services, and Facility Maintenance, shares her guiding words for newly certified WBEs, her advice for new entrepreneurs, and what she views as benefits of being part of the WBENC Network.
- Read an excerpt from the podcast featuring Janet Sperry, a former oncology physician and Founder of Dakota Matting & Environmental Solutions LLC, a WBENC-Certified comprehensive matting supplier and turnkey access provider for the energy industry
- Andrea Aker, CEO of WBENC-Certified Aker Ink PR & Marketing, shares how to fight misinformation in your industry.
Corporate Members In the News:
- Applications are now open for The Workshop at Macy’s, the retail industry’s longest running vendor development program dedicated exclusively to diverse -, Women -, LGBTQ-, and veteran-owned businesses.
- Women’s Enterprise proudly announces the WE 100 Corporations of the Year. Publisher Kristin Schneider explains that honorees are “companies that have carved pathways for entrepreneurial women to bring competitive, collaborative, innovative and high-quality services to an everchanging marketplace.”
- EY Entrepreneurs Access Network (EAN) helps Black- and Latino-owned companies address the disparity gap for greater growth. Accepting applications – apply now!
- Access Curated Coaching for Entrepreneurs from Chase for Business
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company and Wells Fargo Bank are presenting the Economic Summit Access to Capital Market and Resources for Small Business on October 18th from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM PT.
- Facebook to buy $100 million worth of unpaid invoices from 30,000 small businesses owned by women and minorities.
- Capital One Spring, in celebration of Small Business Month, is partnering with WBENC to share some great deals on things WBEs buy every day.
- View the 2021 list of Twitter Supplier Inclusion & Diversity Events and register.
Media Partner News:
Use the links below to read the latest issues.
- Enterprising Women
- BEQ Pride
- MBE Magazine
- Diversity Professional
- Professional WOMEN’s Magazine
- The SBA has increased the maximum amount for EIDL-Loans to $2MM.
- NVBDC’s National Veteran Business Matchmaking Virtual Conference is taking place November 3-4. Learn more and register.
- WBENC-Certified WBEs have free access to EOS® tools, and dedicated support for businesses interested in finding Professional EOS Implementers®.
- The Women’s Business Council – Southwest (WBCS) has announced that Bliss Coulter will become the new president & CEO.
- Know a collegiate female founder of color needing a jumpstart for your business? Check out the WBENC 2021 Collegiate Women of Color Grant Powered by Cummins Inc. to compete for the chance to be awarded a financial business grant.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Follow this link to contribute content or share your thoughts in the comments!