A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News
- Icy L . Williams, owner of ATMOS360, is on a mission to increase the number of women-owned distributorships in the lucrative air filtration industry.
- Bonnie Haas, of Kettle Creek Corp. wants to inspire other women to run businesses too.
- Gloria Bohan, founder and CEO of Omega World Travel, received the American Society of Travel Advisors (ASTA) 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award at ASTA’s Global Convention.
- Inventor becomes WBENC-Certified and gets on Walmart shelves. Bakers Sto-N-Go was recently WBENC-Certified and became part of Walmart’s Made In America Initiative.
- HireLevel wants to help women at work.
- EcoPlum premieres sustainable swag video, “What Will You Leave Behind?”.
- ICON Information Consultants ranked #1 for third consecutive year on the Houston Business Journal’s Largest Women-Owned Businesses List.
Corporate Members In the News
- Capital One CATAPULT Program in partnership with WBENC helps women entrepreneurs innovate and disrupt across industries.
- Facebook provides an update on its supplier diversity efforts.
- Read our Q&A with Debra Jennings-Johnson, Senior Director, Supplier Diversity of BP America, Inc..
- We are proud to see many of our Corporate Members on Equileap’s 2018 Gender Equality Report & Ranking released last month. And Corporate Member General Motors, ranked #1!
- BizWomen features the benefits of WBENC Certification and the next steps in the article “Invest in you: I’m certified – now what?”.
- Applications are now open for WBENC’s 2019 Student Entrepreneur Program (SEP) for female collegiate entrepreneurs.
- Sponsorship Opportunities for WBENC’s 2019 events and programs are now available! Learn how to become a sponsor.
- WBENC launched our second annual Energy Executive Program.
- What you need to know about WOSB Certification.
- WBE Keys to Success: Surround Yourself with Positive People.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or share your thoughts in the comments!