A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News
- Women Who Own It: Gloria Bohan of Omega World Travel, Inc.
- Women Who Own It: Margery Kraus of APCO Worldwide
- President of 84 Lumber honored as one of Western Pennsylvania’s Outstanding CEOs
- Empowering Women Entrepreneurs in Healthcare
- Broadleaf Resultes Awarded HRO Today Baker’s Dozen Honor
- For Some Women Lawyers, Owning Their Own Firms Can Create Opportunities
- APR’s Annual Advertising Production Trends Highlight The Need To Have A Content Production Strategy
- GreenWood, Inc. Earns Prestigious Lighthouse Beam Safety Award for 9th Consecutive Year
- K-Limited Carrier’s Barbara Herman Becomes First Woman to be Named NTTC Professional Tank Truck Driver of the Year Grand Champion
- Kinedyne Sponsors Third Annual International Cargo Securement Awareness Month in May 2019
- Green Room named SBA Regional Subcontractor of the Year
Corporate Members In the News
- Keys to Success from Disney Institute and WBENC: Be Confident in Your Leadership Vision
- Capital One partnered with WBENC to provide their Catapult program in 2018: Helping Diverse Businesses Use Innovation to Solve Critical Challenges
- Coffee With Corporates: Q&A with Jim Gorzalski of Capital One Financial Corporation
- Robert Half’s Kathleen Trimble Receives Inaugural Excellence In Supplier Diversity Award
- Top Reasons Why Toyota is a Leading Company for Diversity
- EY Winning Women Program Applications are open.
- PGA of America Supplier Inclusion Opportunities Available to Support 2020 PGA Championship and Ryder Cup
- AT&T Refreshes Its Supplier Diversity Program
- The Greater Women’s Business Council Announces Region’s 2019 TOP Corporations Committed to Advancing Women-Owned Businesses
- Sodexo Recognized by Black EOE Journal as a 2019 Best of the Best Company
- Walmart Canada and WEConnect International Host Supplier Forum in Celebration of Canadian Women-Owned Businesses
- TIAA Named on DiversityInc’s 2019 Top 50 List
- FCA US Earns Spot on DiversityInc’s 2019 Lists of “Noteworthy Companies for Diversity” and “Top Companies for Veterans”
- Don’t miss the opportunity to pitch your business during WBENCPitch, presented by PepsiCo, a large, tournament-style elevator pitch competition for WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprises (WBEs) taking place June 25-27, 2019 at the 2019 WBENC National Conference & Business Fair.
- WBENC Energy Executive Program Applications now open.
- WBENC’s Premier Startup Program for Female Founders Announces its 2019 Cohort and Pitch Competition
- Robert Half Accelerated Leadership Development Program applications due May 31:
- What You Need To Know About WBENC Certification
- Shannon Mantaro: Give your business a competitive edge through certification
- The National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms is Accepting Applications for Law Firm Membership
- WIPP Is The WOSB Conference You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Local groups help women and minority-owned businesses take a seat at the corporate table
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Email us at email@example.com or share your thoughts in the comments!