Meet Rajashree Varma, Founder & CEO of Arth Systems, a professional services company and systems integrator that enables small and mid-market businesses to improve their productivity and streamline IT operations.
Each year, WBENC presents 14 women business owners with the prestigious Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) Star Award, the nation’s premier recognition for excellence among certified women-owned businesses, honoring female owners for their leadership skills, business success, and ability to serve as an inspiration to others.
Meet Rajashree Varma, Founder & CEO, Arth Systems
Rajashree came to the United States in 1999 with two dreams — to work for Microsoft and to start a business. It didn’t take long for both of her dreams to be realized. She worked for Microsoft in several roles, including developer, lead, and architect evangelist, until 2008, when she left to start Arth Systems.
Rajashree has had to overcome many challenges to achieve her goals, including being an Indian woman in a male-dominated technology field. She surpassed her goals through passion, perseverance, tenacity, constant learning, and surrounding herself with proper mentors, advisors and influencers.
She says tapping into the WBENC network played a big part in her success, giving her the ability to learn many things through national and local conferences and to showcase the values of Arth Systems at networking events.
Rajashree is passionate about sharing her knowledge and wisdom with aspiring entrepreneurs, partnering with other women-owned businesses to foster mutual success, and volunteering and mentoring within her community.
Rajashree is “The Advocate” because she sets lofty goals and clears every obstacle to achieve them, while leading and guiding other women and minorities to reach their own business goals.
Today, Rajashree shares guiding words for newly certified WBEs, her advice for new entrepreneurs, and what she views as benefits of being part of the WBENC Network.
What guiding words would you like to share with a newly certified WBE who is looking to get involved in the WBENC community?
Invest time into understanding the power of networking. Make sure this is part of your sales and marketing strategy to strengthen your network. The time and effort that you put in will reward you well in the WBENC community. It is a platform to learn and empower yourself and others to be successful.
What advice do you have for a new entrepreneur?
- Dream, Aspire, Inspire
- Don’t ever give up! No matter what!
- Find the right people around you to accelerate your success – understand the power of CxQ because CQ (Curiosity Quotient) + PQ (Passion Quotient) > IQ (Intelligence Quotient)
- Be authentic and use your superpowers! It leads to your goals!
What do you view as benefits of being part of the WBENC network?
1. I strongly believe in power of network. There are amazing WBEs who I can learn from.
2. There are new WBEs who feel lost so I provide my time to help them.
3. Having the diverse network helps to tap into different services when needed from other WBEs.
4. Focus on WBE-to-WBE business opportunity/matchmaking.
5. Opportunity for matchmaking with corporations.
6. Many learning opportunities through great keynotes, business labs, fireside chats in national as well as local events.
Arth Systems is a prominent IT consulting firm that helps businesses and non-profits effectively enhance their information systems, ultimately helping them achieve their business objectives.