The 2022 Fall WBENCPitch competition is focused on identifying and spurring innovation and collaboration throughout the national WBENC network. WBENC is teaming up with our Regional Partner Organizations to find the most innovative solutions possible. The WBENCPitch competition will include three (3) rounds of pitching and is open to all certified WBEs who fit the innovation criteria below.
In partnership with FedEx and PepsiCo, all WBENCPitch participants will enter for a chance to win up to $20K in prize money to invest in their business thanks to our amazing program sponsors!
Participant Innovation Criteria:
- Existing innovative product, service, or business solution that is ready for market or currently in market (not a future idea or endeavor seeking an investment).
- Disruptor in their current market.
- WBE has differentiated their business from standard offerings within their industry.
- Innovative solution that solves a problem in a new/inventive way.
- First Round: All certified WBEs with an innovative solution are encouraged to apply through their local RPO. Participating regional partner organizations are hosting this initial competition entry round across varying dates between now and October 1, 2022. Pitches are 90 seconds in length. Visit your RPO’s website for more information on how to apply.
- Semi-Finals: The top three (3) participants from each RPO competition entry round will advance to pitch in the national Semi-Finals hosted by WBENC. The Semi-Finalists will be announced in early October. This round of the competition will occur on Monday, October 24, and Tuesday, October 25, from 2:00-4:15 PM EST. Pitches are two (2) minutes in length, participants will also answer questions from the judges’ panel in a live virtual setting.
- Finals: A group of finalists with the top scores from the national Semi-Finals will advance to the final round of the WBENCPitch competition. Pitches in this round are three (3) minutes in length. The Finals will be held live at the WBENC in-person event the week of November 14, 2022. The third place winner will be awarded $5K, the second place winner will be awarded $10K, and the grand prize winner will be awarded $20K!
Check back for more information about RPO First Round Pitch competitions.