Beyond Borders: Meet the Woman Bringing Latin American Cuisine and Culture to the Global Stage – Amalia Moreno-Damgaard
As business owners, we often get put into a box where we are defined by our entrepreneurship. But we are so much more than our identities as CEOs. We are a product of our unique experiences, our culture, our passions, and of the people in our lives who helped to shape who we are.
Read an excerpt from the latest episode of the podcast featuring Amalia Moreno-Damgaard, bilingual spokesperson and media personality, a renowned keynote speaker, an award-winning author, and the founder and CEO of WBENC-Certified Amalia, LLC, a business that specializes in consulting, representing brands, and providing gourmet experiences based on the diverse cuisines of Latin America.
During this eye-opening interview, we’ll explore the story of how Amalia made the shift from her banking career into the culinary field, and her mission to develop a broader understanding and appreciation of cultural nuances for people and brands through culinary experiences.
“In order to survive and in order to grow, you need to get out there in one way or another. You need to get out there in a positive way and identify opportunities to connect with others. Don’t be shy. Just get out there.”
– Amalia Moreno-Damgaard
Watch or listen to the podcast now to hear:
- The impetus behind her decision to switch careers – and most important ways her experience in banking helped set her up for business success.
- How to identify the North Star of your business (and ensure it aligns with your own personal “why”)
- What you can do now to amplify your voice and message, and start reaching more people
- The #1 way Amalia has developed connections with Fortune 100 and 500 companies
- A powerful reminder for business owners who struggle to put themselves out there
- The biggest mistake Amalia made in the early days of her business (psst, if you prefer to do everything on your own, you need to hear this)
- What she’s doing now to tackle new obstacles within the current economy – plus, the powerful mindset she uses to overcome any challenge
- What women business owners need to know today to break through the glass ceiling
- The most important way WBENC has impacted Amalia’s business journey
- And much more