A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News:
- After completing Southern Company Gas’ supplier diversity program, Heels and Hardhats went from being a subcontractor to a Tier 1 supplier. Watch the Southern Company Gas feature “Fueling Equity through Supplier Diversity: Jackie Richter“.
- AnaOno was featured on Good Morning America in a segment featuring cancer survivors who have created businesses for other cancer survivors.
- Chanel Chritoff Davis, Partner at Davis Davis & Harmon, LLC was honored be The Network Journal as one of its “25 Influential Black Women in Business”.
- The Women Presidents’ Organization has announced the 2021 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies™ — we spy several WBENC-Certified firms on the list!
- The Women Owned Gift Guide is back for holiday shopping season! Flip through 100+ pages of WBENC-Certified brands for gift inspo.
- Sherrill Mosee made a $100,000 deal with Macy’s on “America’s Big Deal” TV show. Watch the episode.
- Yes! Apples Launches Online Shop to Bring Consumers Apples Directly to Their Door
- The startup Symba is crowned as the global winner of South Summit 2021
- Ardian Technologies Receives Recognition for the 59th Presidential Inauguration Security Measures
- Everest Care Management (ECM) is pleased to announce that they have acquired Aurora Case Management (ACM) headquartered in Florida.
Corporate Members In the News:
- PGA of America is launching its PGA VendorMatch program for its 2022 PGA Championship events. Interested diverse suppliers must complete the registration form by November 9, 2021 for consideration.
- BASF partners with WBENC to advance supplier diversity and inclusion, launches new Chemical Industry Forum
- The Peapod Digital Labs Supplier Diversity Accelerator is coming to a close, and everyone is invited to attend the closing ceremonies, 2:00pm EST on Nov. 3, 2021.
- The Facebook Invoice Fast Track program is an early invoice payment solution for certified diverse-owned businesses across the United States. Register now!
- Making It… With Lowe’s is back! Cast your vote to send your favorite entrepreneur to the final pitch.
- Applications are now open for The Workshop at Macy’s, the retail industry’s longest running vendor development program dedicated exclusively to diverse -, Women -, LGBTQ-, and veteran-owned businesses.
- Women’s Enterprise proudly announces the WE 100 Corporations of the Year. Publisher Kristin Schneider explains that honorees are “companies that have carved pathways for entrepreneurial women to bring competitive, collaborative, innovative and high-quality services to an everchanging marketplace.”
- Access Curated Coaching for Entrepreneurs from Chase for Business
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company and Wells Fargo Bank are presenting the Economic Summit Access to Capital Market and Resources for Small Business on October 18th from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM PT.
- View the 2021 list of Twitter Supplier Inclusion & Diversity Events and register.
Media Partner News:
Use the links below to read the latest issues.
- Enterprising Women
- BEQ Pride
- MBE Magazine
- Diversity Professional
- Professional WOMEN’s Magazine
- October is National Women’s Small Business Month, and WBENC is kicking things off with the launch of a campaign to boost support for women-owned businesses. The theme is Make One Switch to #BuyWomenOwned — we’re asking you to take an everyday essential and consciously choose to instead source it from a women-owned business.
- Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP) is holding their 20th Anniversary Summit & Celebration online each Tuesday in November. Learn more and register.
- During National Veterans Small Business Week, November 1-5, 2021, join the SBA and its extensive partner network for a series of virtual events hosted across the country.
- NVBDC’s National Veteran Business Matchmaking Virtual Conference is taking place November 3-4. Learn more and register.
- Join the SBA on October 14 to Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month for a candid discussion about the SBA’s efforts to foster Hispanic entrepreneurship.
- Her Brand & Co. has a Free October Masterclass — Register for ‘Tis the Season to Sleigh — Holiday Marketing Prep 101 with Stephanie Rubio, Founder-CEO of SoVerve Marketing Group on October 13th, 10:30am-12pm EST
- WBENC-Certified WBEs have free access to EOS® tools, and dedicated support for businesses interested in finding Professional EOS Implementers®.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Follow this link to contribute content or share your thoughts in the comments!