A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News:
- WBENC-Certified, MinkeeBlue, was selected as one of 50 companies from a pool of over 5,000 applicants to participate in The Workshop at Macy’s, a retail vendor development program designed to give minority- and women-owned businesses tools to succeed in the industry. As a result, MinkeeBlue is now available at Macys.com for the month of May.
- Kaiser Consulting is raising awareness about foster care during May for National Foster Care Month through Kaiser Cares, their firm’s company-wide philanthropy platform for community giving and volunteerism.
- The Frozen Farmer Sweeps Nation with Sustainable Frozen Dessert Line
- Julie Levi, founder and Co-President of Progressive Promotions, a WBENC-Certified promotional merchandise agency, offers advice on how to build a successful exit strategy and maximize the value of your women-owned business.
- Andrea Kramer of City Apparel in Findlay, Ohio was recently named to the National Small Business Association (NSBA) Leadership Council.
- Watch Ann Ramakumaran’s interview on the Women Who Own It Podcast on the what it takes to successfully scale your women-owned business.
- Check out the updated Women Owned Gift Guide
Corporate Members In the News:
- Bristol Myers Squibb shares their first Global Diversity & Inclusion (GD&I) report.
- United Airlines New Diversity Officer Unveils Roadmap For Racial Equality
- The Workshop at Macy’s Celebrates 10th Anniversary of the First-of-Its-Kind Diverse and Women-Owned Vendor Development Program
- PG&E just launched a new online learning platform and enlisted industry superstars as course instructors, giving you valuable insights and best practices to help your business succeed.
- Join AARP for a series of educational webinars to learn about the process and value of being a certified business owner.
- The WBENC Healthcare Advisory Board, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Merck & Co. and Pfizer Inc., is looking for WBENC-Certified WBE suppliers that can address needs in the upstream Research & Development supply chain. Join the Healthcare Industry Spotlight Series in 2021.
- Fifth Third Bank assists in the development and growth of women business owners and their companies.
Media Partner News:
Use the links below to read the latest issues.
- Enterprising Women
- BEQ Pride
- MBE Magazine
- Diversity Professional
- Professional WOMEN’s Magazine
- Applications are open until May 10 for the WBENC Collegiate Accelerator.
- Applications are open until May 7 for WBENC:Pitch Sustainability!
- Missed the latest Women of Color webinar on banking relationships? Watch it now.
- WBENC-Certified WBEs now have free access to EOS tools, and dedicated support for businesses interested in finding Professional EOS Implementers®.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Follow this link to contribute content or share your thoughts in the comments!