A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News:
- Kat Weaver, Founder and Coach of WBENC-Certified Power to Pitch, sheds light into mistakes you could be making in pitch competitions, part of her POWER Method™ coaching approach.
- Lori Rush Lancaster, president of Dakkota Integrated Systems, one of the largest Native American, women-owned and led companies in the United States, shares her Native American philosophy of Seven Generations and how it applies to their business.
- Ashley Stiles, CEO and Founder of TRIBE Development, reflects on the hustle needed to find your path and build your business. TRIBE Development is a comprehensive real estate consulting and development firm born out of the desire to develop better spaces and experiences for everyone.
- Meet Gabrielle Christman, President and CEO of Hunter International Recruiting, a company that provides leading organizations with STEM recruiting solutions that ensure an efficient and timely hiring process.
- Meet Annette Springer, CEO of Springer Equipment Company, Inc., and Southfork Lift Truck, Inc., forklift dealerships in Birmingham, AL, and Nashville, TN, specializing in the sales and repair of material handling equipment.
- Winner of the NextGen Pitch Competition 2021, Little Patakha, discusses how support from WBENC and the WBE network helps build a business.
- Read an excerpt from the latest episode of the podcast featuring Robyn Young, expert branding strategist and Founder of Young & Co., a WBENC-Certified strategic branding agency dedicated to creating legacy brands rooted in authenticity.
- Lauren Winans, Chief Executive Officer and Principal HR Consultant for Next Level Benefits, discusses some of the reasons why employers are having difficulty hiring employees.
- The Women Owned Gift Guide is back for holiday shopping season! Flip through 100+ pages of WBENC-Certified brands for gift inspo.
Corporate Members In the News:
- Hear from procurement, engineering, and diversity officers with the Lakeside Alliance, builder of the OPC and learn about upcoming bid opportunities. Join the Doing Business with Lakeside Alliance December 8 at 10am CST.
- The Facebook Invoice Fast Track program is an early invoice payment solution for certified diverse-owned businesses across the United States. Register now!
Media Partner News:
Use the links below to read the latest issues.
- Enterprising Women
- BEQ Pride
- MBE Magazine
- Diversity Professional
- Professional WOMEN’s Magazine
- WBENC partnered with Planet Mogul, a program that develops the next generation of entrepreneurs, innovators, and workforce and community leaders by providing an intellectual and interactive learning environment for elementary-middle school students.
- WBENC-Certified WBEs have free access to EOS® tools, and dedicated support for businesses interested in finding Professional EOS Implementers®.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Follow this link to contribute content or share your thoughts in the comments!