A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News:
- Proshare Services, a Pittsburgh-based consulting firm that specializes in strategic planning and innovative solutions for businesses, announced a full range of safe, well-executed engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services to support clients in oil and gas, utilities, renewables, energy, and commercial construction industries.
Physical security integrators, scDataCom, chosen as a 2021 Sammy Award Recipient
Advancing with the WBE Stars Spotlight on Tammy Cohen, Founder & Chief Visionary Officer of InfoMart.
The Cactus Water Co. won second place in the 2021 WBENCPitch: Sustainability Pitch Competition. Learn how Sarita Lopez, Owner/Founder of The Cactus Water Co. prioritizes sustainability while creating and packaging her consumer product.
Corporate Members In the News:
- Join Walmart and JPMorgan Chase on Tuesday, Sept. 14 from 3:30 – 4:30pm to learn more about how certified, incumbent diverse suppliers can grow their opportunities.
- NBCUniversal’s EDGE is the industry’s first business capacity building program geared toward the development of and investment in diverse owned businesses that specialize in media, marketing and digital technology. Apply by September 3.
- EY Entrepreneurs Access Network (EAN) helps Black- and Latino-owned companies address the disparity gap for greater growth. Accepting applications – apply now!
- PG&E is issuing a RFP soliciting proposals from qualified third-parties to serve as California’s ISM.
- PROJECT ENGINUITY is designed to accelerate and empower Black, Latinx and women entrepreneurs with resources and a powerful community of innovators.
- WM is hosting a virtual event to help advance diversity in the corporate supply chain supporting and expanding female representation everywhere, Share the GreenSM August 24, 25, 26.
- Access Curated Coaching for Entrepreneurs from Chase for Business
- View the 2021 list of Twitter Supplier Inclusion & Diversity Events and register.
- The WBENC Healthcare Advisory Board, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Merck & Co. and Pfizer Inc., is looking for WBENC-Certified WBE suppliers that can address needs in the upstream Research & Development supply chain. Join the Healthcare Industry Spotlight Series in 2021.
Media Partner News:
Use the links below to read the latest issues.
- Enterprising Women
- BEQ Pride
- MBE Magazine
- Diversity Professional
- Professional WOMEN’s Magazine
- Apply for the Women’s Business Council – Southwest (WBCS) NextGen Mentorship program designed to reach and support women entrepreneurs under the age of 45 in the Central/North Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Arkansas region.
- Join the Women & Pride Peer Groups + Community Building session August 12!
- WBENC-Certified WBEs have free access to EOS tools, and dedicated support for businesses interested in finding Professional EOS Implementers®.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Follow this link to contribute content or share your thoughts in the comments!