The NextGen program hosts regular virtual and in-person programs and events. Sign up to receive the latest updates on upcoming events and opportunities.
NextGen Pitch Competition
The NextGen Pitch Competition is an exclusive opportunity for millennial and gen-Z women entrepreneurs to elevate their business pitch. This multi-faceted program supports the next generation of women-owned businesses through pitch resources and coaching, promotion and exposure, and the opportunity to pitch and pursue business opportunities with Fortune 500 companies. The program culminates with a live pitch competition and the award of business grants for the winners. Apply by August 6.
The pitch is one of a business owner’s most critical skills. Take your business pitch to the next level through education and personalized coaching from our experts. Then, put your pitch to practice within the WBENC network to build and strengthen your network, increase exposure and awareness of your business, and pursue contract opportunities with WBENC Corporate Members. Finally, if you are a WBENC-Certified WBE, you are also eligible to win financial grants to invest in your business and help fuel future growth.
- Application Period: June 23 – August 6
- Companies will submit a 60-second pitch video with the application for consideration.
- Video Showcase Round: August 16 – August 31
- The online video showcase will be open to the public for viewing. The top 25 pitches in the showcase as selected by a panel of judges will advance to the Semi-Final round.
- Semi-Final Round: September 23 | 1-3pm EST
- 25 participants will deliver a 3-minute pitch live on Zoom & participate in Q&A with the judges.
- Final Round: October 5 | 1-3pm EST
- Twelve finalists will deliver a four-minute pitch live on Zoom & participate in a Q&A with the judges. The WBE with the BEST pitch will win grant money to invest in her business.
Who Should Attend?
All millennial and Gen-Z women entrepreneurs under the age of 44 are encouraged to participate! You do not need to be certified by WBENC to participate in the Essentials for an Effective Pitch session, video Showcase or the Semi-Final Round. The Final Round will only feature NextGen WBENC-Certified WBEs.
Mark Your Calendar!
Registration opening soon.
- Semi-Final Round | September 23, 1-3pm EST
- Final Round | October 5, 1-3pm EST