WBENC is joining in on the celebration of Pride Month this June and creating a program to support and strengthen our community of LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs and corporate professionals.
June is Pride Month, commemorating the spark of the modern gay rights movement — the 1969 Stonewall uprising against police brutality led by Queer People of Color. This month, we are proud to spotlight LGBTQ+ voices in the WBENC network and launch a new program, Women & Pride, to support and strengthen this community. Throughout the month of June, we will be highlighting our vibrant ecosystem of LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs, corporate professionals, and allies in the WBENC network!
The business impact of the LGBTQ+ community:
- LGBTQ-owned businesses contribute over $1.7 trillion to the U.S. economy. Source
- The LGBTQ+ community has over $3.7 trillion in purchasing power, globally. Source
- One in six adults in Generation Z (aged 18 to 23) identify as LGBTQ+. Source
- 9.1% of millennials in the United States identify as LGBTQ+. Source
- 4.1% is the estimated percentage of women who identify as LGBTQ+. Source
- In the LGBTQ+ community, 350,000 people identify as transgender women. Source
- 25% of LGBTQ employees report staying in a job due to a LGBTQ-inclusive work environment. Source
NEW Program Launch: Announcing Women & Pride!
Women & Pride is a new WBENC outreach and development program designed to support and strengthen the community of LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs and corporate professionals within the WBENC network and beyond. Through this program we will work to cultivate an inclusive environment for LGBTQ+ individuals in our network.Learn More about the program
The Women & Pride program will kick off with a virtual event on Thursday, June 17, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm EST. Join us for the Women & Pride Keynote with special guest, Jennifer Brown of Jennifer Brown Consulting.
Jennifer Brown (she/her) is an award-winning entrepreneur, speaker, author, and diversity and inclusion expert who is deeply passionate about building more inclusive workplaces where more of us can feel welcomed, valued, respected, and heard. As the Founder and CEO of Jennifer Brown Consulting (JBC), a certified woman- and LGBT-owned firm, Jennifer and her team design and execute inclusion strategies that have been implemented by some of the biggest companies and nonprofits in the world. She is also the bestselling author, podcast host, and a sought-after keynote speaker and expert for leading research institutions and business schools. She lives in New York City with her partner of over 20 years, Michelle.
More session details to come!