The Art of Perpetual Reinvention – Kanchana Raman
Change can be a vehicle of monumental growth. You simply have to be brave enough to go for it.
Read an excerpt from the latest episode of the podcast featuring Kanchana Raman, CEO of Avacend, Inc. and Founder and CEO of Avion Networks, a WBENC-Certified, Atlanta-based global telecom technology firm specializing in converging communications, broadband network services, solutions, and innovations.
Kanchana’s father, a professor of business management who came to the US in 1956 to get his PhD, was inspired by everything the country had to offer, particularly academic excellence. So, when it was time for Kanchana to pursue a college education, she came to America where she, in turn, was inspired to become an entrepreneur. Although both sides of her family were made up of educational professionals, Kanchana felt her calling was technology. She started her first telecom company in 1996 – when she was already a mother and had another child on the way.
“When we talk about perpetual reinvention, it’s about watching and scanning the market for emerging opportunities and having the ability to adapt – developing an adaptive IQ. If we don’t disrupt ourselves, somebody else will come and disrupt us.”
– Kanchana Raman
Watch or listen to the podcast now to hear:
- What inspired Kanchana to start her first telecom company in 1996.
- Kanchana’s advice to other business owners on how to scale your company and grow your team.
- The best piece of advice Kanchana has received during her business journey.
- How being part of WBENC has helped Kanchana grow both personally and professionally.
- Who Kanchana views as her greatest role models – and why many of them are young entrepreneurs.
- And much more!