A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News
- ALOM CEO Hannah Kain Receives Women Leaders in Supply Chain Award by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- Read an excerpt from our podcast episode with Michelle Marciniak, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of SHEEX® Inc., on how she applies basketball strategy to build her successful business.
- Read our Q&A with Maureen Mulvihill on how she pivoted her company, Actuated Medical, Inc. (AMI), so quickly, what she has learned about her leadership style, and what’s next for Actuated Medical.
- 13 Trendsetting Women-Owned Businesses Making an Impact in the Food & Beverage and Agriculture Industry
- Read an excerpt from our Women Who Own It podcast episode with Psyche Terry, Founder of Urban Hydration, to hear insights about how to use authenticity to create a global brand.
- Hear from Lilah Raynor, Founder and CEO of Logica Research, on why “Back to School” is widening the financial and emotional gender gap and how women can recover.
- Read an excerpt from our Women Who Own It podcast episode with Miko Branch, founder and CEO of Miss Jessie’s, to hear how she built a multi-million dollar business starting off with ZERO startup money, loans or investors.
Corporate Members In the News
- Lowe’s Virtual Search Initiative Promotes Supplier Diversity
- Office Depot is bringing you virtual pitch training! WBENC’s Elevate Your Pitch sessions are being offered twice — on October 2 and October 9.
- The WBENC Cummins Grant for Black Student Female Founders is a new funding initiative to invest in the next generation of the fastest growing segment of women-owned businesses – Black female founders. Applications open Oct 7.
- Learn how Southern California Edison is creating a best-in-class safety culture.
Media Partner News
- WEUSA: Read the latest issue.
- Enterprising Women: Read the latest issue.
- BEQ Pride: Read the latest issue.
- MBE Magazine: Read the latest issues.
- Diversity Professional: Read the latest issue.
- Professional WOMEN’s Magazine: Read the latest issue.
- Join the #BuyWomenOwned fall campaign to raise our voices and open our wallets to support women-owned businesses.
- Our partners at WIPP are hosting a Virtual Symposium on Cyber Resiliency from September 29 to October 1., featuring technology experts and speakers from agencies and corporate partners who specialize in cybersecurity.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Email us at email@example.com or share your thoughts in the comments!