A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News
- Lydia Michael, WBE and President and Owner of Blended Collective, shares how (and why!) it’s more important than ever to strengthen your diversity and inclusion values.
- How WBENC-Certified Women-Owned Businesses Are Responding to COVID-19 – Partnering, Pivoting & Supporting
- Dr. Fiona Jamison, Owner & CEO of WBENC-Certified Spring International, shares why it’s important to lead with empathy, openness and sincerity.
- Stories from the Field: How these WBENC-Certified Women-Owned Businesses Are Responding to COVID-19
- WBENC-Certified VirtualZ Computing brings innovation to mainframe computers with cloud technology and software as a service.
Corporate Members In the News
- Coffee With Corporates: Q&A with Angel Colón of The Kroger Co.
- Wells Fargo and WBENC Partner to Present New Executive Education Program for Certified Women-Owned Businesses
- PepsiCo’s The Stacy’s Rise Project is offering a $10,000 grant to 15 women-owned businesses. Applications due June 1, 2020.
- Randstand, the Adecco Group, and Manpower Group partnered to create The Practical Guide to a Safe Restart, a guide to support business recovery and operational continuity efforts around the world.
- American Express has established Stand for Small, a coaltion of more than 40 companies that have come together to provide meaningful support to small businesses as they navigate the impacts of COVID-19.
- An investment of $2.5 million from Verizon is making it possible for LISC to begin offering critical relief and resiliency-building support to small businesses facing immediate financial threat because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Goldman Sachs has committed $550 million to support communities and small businesses, including $500 million in emergency loans to small businesses across the country.
- JPMorgan Chase is committing $8 million to assist small business vulnerable to significant economic hardships in the U.S., China and Europe.
- Google is giving small businesses worldwide $340 million in ad credits for Google Ads. Small business who have become active advertisers since the beginning of 2019 will see a credit notification appear in the next few months. Learn more and visit Google’s resource center for small businesses.
- PwC’s team of specialists collaborated to create a digital assessment to help you understand the potential impact of COVID-19 to your business and gauge your readiness to respond.
- Microsoft is offering a free 6-month trial of Office 365, including Microsoft Teams, in the response to the increased need for employees to work from home. Accenture has set up a Microsoft Teams Rapid Resource Center to help you get up and running.
Media Partner News
- BEQ Pride: Molly Lenore. Co-founder of WBENC-Certified MOEY Inc., joins SAGE Board of Directors.
- MBE Magazine: 5 Strategies to Help Your Business Survive a Recession
- WEUSA: Survive Or Thrive? How To Reskill Your Team, insights from Monica Kang, founder and CEO, WBENC-Certified InnovatorsBox LLC
- Enterprising Women: 5 ways to help during the pandemic
- Diversity Professional: Read the latest issue.
- Professional WOMEN’s Magazine: Read the latest issue.
- In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, we have collected a few helpful self-care strategies and resources to help manage the stress of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Resources for Women-Owned Businesses.
- Check out WBENC’s newest round-up blog series: Feel Good Friday, weekly inspiration to put a smile on your face.
- Katie Sowa, COO of Future Founders, shares 3 behaviors that separate successful women entrepreneurs from those that struggle.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or share your thoughts in the comments!