A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
WBEs Making News:
- Two Chicks Cocktails has been named one of the top 20 Best Canned Cocktails by USA Today. Vote for them to be #1!
- Read excerpt from Jennifer Brown, Founder & CEO of Jennifer Brown Consulting, on our Women Who Own It Podcast for insights on why diversity is the key to modern business success.
- Two WBEs, Arbill and IPAK, are making personal kits full of protective gear. #coolgrey95
- Read excerpt from Natalie Keng, CEO and Founder of Chinese Southern Belle, on our Women Who Own It Podcast for insights on how to make a massive impact as a small business.
- Watch Pamela Kan of Bishop-Wisecarver video: Is your daughter ready to lead the family business?
- Prompt Praxis Laberatories received recognition as one of the Top 10 Analytical Services Companies for 2020, Pharma Tech Outlook Magazine. Read the article.
- Read our Q&A with F4E co-founder Dr. Malika Martin on she and her business partner pivoted in the face of extreme challenge.
- Undercover Snacks Announces National Retail Expansion Into Kroger And Wegmans Food Markets
Corporate Members In the News:
- Coffee with Corporates: Get to know Eliza Gonzalez, Sr. Director of Procurement Citizenship at Johnson & Johnson.
- Office Depot releases 12th annual Diverse Supplier Catalog.
- Vizient Announces Community Contracting Program to Help Certified Diverse Suppliers Connect with Hospitals
- PNC Supplier Diversity Program Welcomes New Participants
- MGM Resorts International presents Economic Empowerment Web Series, featuring Farad Ali, President & CEO of ASOCIAR, and Courtney Moore, President of the Kelly-Parker Foundation.
- FCA is celebrating 21 years of driving diverse connections at MatchMaker — attended by thousands of diverse entrepreneurs, Tier I suppliers and members of FCA Purchasing Leadership ready to make connections and do business.
- Kroger invests $3.4 billion in minority- and women-owned businesses in 2019.
Media Partner News
- WEUSA: Read the latest issue.
- Enterprising Women: Read the latest issue.
- BEQ Pride: Read the latest issue.
- MBE Magazine: Read the latest issues.
- Diversity Professional: Read the latest issue.
- Professional WOMEN’s Magazine: Read the latest issue.
- Introducing the WBENC LIFT Financial Center of Excellence — Integrated Financial Education and Funding for Women Entrepreneurs
- Our partners at WIPP are hosting a Virtual Symposium on Cyber Resiliency from September 29 to October 1., featuring technology experts and speakers from agencies and corporate partners who specialize in cybersecurity.
- NWBC released a new report on Women’s Inclusion in Small Business Innovation Research & Small Business Technology Transfer Programs.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Email us at email@example.com or share your thoughts in the comments!