Procurement Opportunity Connection: 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings
1:1 MatchMaker is a program for Certified Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs) to have a pre-scheduled, one-on-one meeting with a WBENC National Corporate or Government Member and/or their prime suppliers/key business partners to explore sourcing opportunities. Corporate and Government purchasing officials are WBENC National Members.
The purpose of the WBENC 1:1 MatchMaker program is to establish connections between certified WBEs and purchasing decision-makers from corporations and government agencies seeking WBE suppliers for specific opportunities. Eligible WBEs are pre-selected by the participating Corporate/Government Members for one-on-one meetings based on their current sourcing needs.
WBENC National MatchMaker Meetings are held two times a year.
- WBENC Summit & Salute held annually in March. The 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings typically take place on the last day of the conference between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. While this event has a smaller attendance than the National Conference & Business Fair, it provides the same opportunities for WBENC Corporate/Government Members to meet with WBENC-Certified WBEs. In 2016, WBENC hosted 550 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings. This event is expected to continue to evolve year over year.
In addition to the 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings, there is also a Meet & Greet Event held annually at Summit & Salute. The Meet & Greet Event provides WBEs the opportunity to meet a participating WBENC National Corporate/Government Member of their choice and provide a one-minute elevator pitch outlining their company’s capacity as well as what differentiates their company from others in their industry. After WBE introductions, the Corporate/Government Member has an opportunity to ask questions and engage in round table discussions.
- WBENC National Conference & Business Fair, held annually in June. The 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings typically take place on the last day of the conference between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
In 2016, WBENC hosted 1,216 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings between WBENC National Corporate/Government Members and WBENC Certified-WBEs. This event is expected to evolve year over year.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
- To be eligible to participate as a WBE in 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings, WBENC-Certified WBEs must:
- Register by the advertised early bird cutoff date as a full conference attendee, sponsor, or exhibitor OR be registered as a WBENC National Corporate/Government Member WBE Sponsored Guest by the early bird cutoff date.
- Be a WBENC-Certified WBE in good standing with a current WBE certificate.
- Complete the company profile and capability statement within the MatchMaker tool no later than the advertised deadline.
- To be eligible to participate as a Corporate/Government Member in 1:1 MatchMaker Meetings, organizations must:
- Be a WBENC National Member in good standing with a current national membership.
Are WBEs Guaranteed a Meeting?
1:1 MatchMaker Meetings are driven by the sourcing needs of participating WBENC National Corporate/Government Members, not by WBENC. There is NO guarantee that a WBENC-Certified WBE will be invited to participate in a 1:1 MatchMaker Meeting.
Please note: Registration fees (attendee, exhibitor, sponsorship, etc.) will not be refunded if a WBENC-Certified WBE does not receive an invitation to participate in a MatchMaker Meeting.
Who can I contact regarding MatchMaker?
For more information regarding MatchMaker, please email email@example.com