WBENC is proud to provide formal MatchMaker programs connecting Corporate and Government Members to WBENC-Certified Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs). The purpose of the WBENC MatchMaker program is to establish connections between certified WBEs and purchasing decision-makers from corporations and government agencies seeking WBE suppliers for specific opportunities. Eligible WBEs are pre-selected by the participating Corporate/Government Members for one-on-one meetings.
National MatchMaker Meetings are held two times a year.
- WBENC's Summit & Salute held annually in March. While this event has a smaller attendance than the National Conference & Business Fair (NCBF), it provides the same opportunities for WBENC Corporate/Government Members to meet with certified WBEs. In 2014, WBENC hosted 750, one-on-one, fifteen minute meetings which represented a 100% increase over the number of meetings held in 2013.
In addition to the MatchMaker Event, there is also a Meet & Greet session held at the Summit & Salute which provides WBEs the opportunity to meet a participating Corporate/Government Member of their choice and provide them a one minute elevator pitch outlining their company’s capacity as well as what differentiates their company from others in their industry. After introductions, the corporate member has an opportunity to ask questions and engage in round table discussions.
- WBENC hosts MatchMaker Meetings as part of its National Conference & Business Fair, held annually in June. Each meeting is a 15-minute session, and typically takes place between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on the last day of the conference. Corporate and Government purchasing officials are WBENC National Members and Local Members of the Regional Partner Organization Host Council.
In 2014, WBENC hosted 1,411, one-on-one, fifteen minute meetings between Corporate/Government Members and certified WBEs. The event is designed for Corporate/Government Members to select WBEs they wish to meet with based on their organizations' opportunities and criteria. This event experienced an 80% increase over 2013 and is expected to evolve year over year.
Who is eligible to Participate?
Information regarding the specific requirements and other policies will be provided in all communications regarding the event as well as the event web page.
- To be eligible to participate as a WBE in MatchMaker, WBEs must:
- Register by the advertised early bird cutoff date as a full conference attendee, sponsor, or exhibitor OR be registered as a WBENC National Corporate/Government Member WBE Guest by the early bird cutoff date
- Have a “current” certificate with WBENC
- Complete the capacity statement for their company and submit no later than the advertised deadline.
- To be eligible to participate in MatchMaker as a Corporate/Government Member, companies and government agencies must be a National Member of WBENC in good-standing.
Are WBEs Guaranteed a Meeting?
MatchMaker Meetings are driven by the needs of participating corporations and government agencies, not by WBENC. There is NO guarantee that a WBENC-Certified WBE will be invited to participate in a MatchMaker Meeting.
Please note: Registration fees (attendee, exhibitor, sponsorship, etc.) will NOT be refunded if a WBENC-Certified WBE does not receive an invitation to participate in a MatchMaker Meeting.
Who can I contact regarding MatchMaker?
For more information regarding MatchMaker, please email email@example.com or call Susan Cates at 202-872-5515 X 8100.