On-Demand Webinar Updates for Energy Executive Program
The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) is excited to announce the WBENC Energy Executive Program, underwritten for the first time this year by Shell Oil Company. This program will be a week-long, immersive executive education experience focusing on the Energy, Oil and Gas industry to drive development of Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) leaders within the Energy Industry supply chain. The WBENC Energy Executive Program will focus on increasing the competitive advantage, capabilities and strategy development of each WBE. This program supports the evolution of Diversity and Inclusion strategies among major Energy, Oil and Gas companies, and further shows the commitment towards impacting the long-term success of diverse businesses that are critical to the global energy supply chains.
The intensive curriculum for this program will be taught by industry experts and professors from the University of Texas, McCombs School of Business and include key topics in
- Business Strategy
- Introduction to Energy
- Immersive facility tour with hands-on exercises and real life simulations of oilrig and process operations
All executive topics will be based on how they relate to the Energy Industry and will use WBE’s actual business experience in exercises where applicable.
When: November 5-10, 2017
- Weeklong, intensive executive training for WBEs in Energy, Oil and Gas
- Networking opportunities with major energy industry executives
- Peer learning through WBE-WBE connections
- Increase competitive advantage though strategy and tools for success
The WBENC Energy Executive Program will be held at the world-class Shell Robert Training & Conference Center (RTCC). This state-of-the-art facility is situated on 35 private acres, surrounded by woods, located in the heart of the Gulf-South region between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana. Every year, thousands of men and women come to the Shell Robert Training Center to prepare themselves for the ever-increasing challenges of working in oil and gas operations. Opened initially to handle training and development for Shell’s domestic operating staff, the Center has long since become an important training resource for the industry globally with labs that are equipped with the same control rooms, electrical panels, instruments, blow out preventers, subsea control system, computer networks, and other drilling and production equipment that students must deal with on the job.
Candidate Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Currently certified and in good standing as a women's business enterprise by WBENC
- Must be the owner of the company
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience running a business
- Maintain a minimum annual sales volume of $1,000,000 for past 2 consecutive years.
- Provide technical services applicable to the Energy, Oil and Gas Industry
Application Deadlines and Program Fees
The application deadline is August 1, 2017. The program fee per individual is $6,000 which includes tuition, course materials, accommodations, and meals (Sunday-Friday on site). At the time of acceptance into the WBENC Energy Executive Program, each applicant is required to pay a $1,000 deposit within 7 days to secure his/her place in the program, with remaining tuition ($5,000) being due within 15 days of acceptance. If the applicant cancels after reserving program placement, the deposit will not be refunded regardless of circumstance. WBENC is not responsible for indirect costs incurred by the applicant, including, but not limited to, travel, meals or accommodations in arriving or departing from the program. Those accepted to the program must complete the entire program in order to graduate. Partial attendance, including tardiness to class, excessive absences during class, or late arrival or early departure will not be eligible for graduation.
The WBENC Energy Executive Program qualifies for the Dorothy B. Brothers Scholarship Fund. All applicants not receiving corporate sponsorship should complete the scholarship application within 5 business days of submitting this application, but no later than the application deadline. Scholarships are dependent upon meeting Dorothy B. Brothers requirements.
The 2017 Application Process:
- June 30 - Applications for 2017 open.
- August 1 - Applications due.
- August 15 - Accepted applicants will be notified.
- August 22 – Deposit due for accepted applicants.
- August 30 – Remaining tuition due for accepted applicants.
- November 5-10 - WBENC Energy Executive Program in Robert, LA
Click here to see a list of sponsorship opportunities for the WBENC Energy Executive Program.
Contact Lindsey All, Senior Manager, Marketing, Programs and Business Development at email@example.com.