2014 Applause Award Recipients
In 2014, WBENC bestowed two Applause Awards honoring those who have made exceptional accomplishments in expanding opportunities for Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs). WBENC presented the awards during its 2014 National Conference & Business Fair in Philadelphia.
Eyvon Austin, Global Supplier Diversity Director, The Coca-Cola Company, and Larry Caldwell, VP IT & Corporate Services Procurement, PepsiCo, earned Applause Awards. These two corporate executives were recognized for advancing women's business growth by providing suppliers access to their companies; supporting diversity initiatives within or outside their organizations; and mentoring the next generation of executives or suppliers.
2013 Applause Award Recipients
The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council bestowed its coveted Applause Award on four women who have made significant strides in expanding opportunities for Women’s Business Enterprises (WBEs) on a national and international level. The awards were presented at the WBENC 2013 National Conference and Business Fair.
The four recipients were:
- Tara Abraham, Chairman and Co-CEO of Accel inc.
- Barbara Kubicki-Hicks, Senior Vice President, Vendor Sourcing Executive, Bank of America
- Ruby McCleary, Director of Supplier Diversity, United Airlines
Read the full story in the July 2013 President's Report.
2012 Applause Award Recipients
In 2012, WBENC bestowed three Applause Awards honoring those who have made exceptional accomplishments in expanding opportunities for Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs). WBENC presented the awards during its 2012 National Conference & Business Fair in Orlando.
Debra Stewart, Director, Supplier Diversity, Workforce Development and Diversity Outreach at Shell, and Cyndi Hopkins, Director, Global Supplier Diversity at Dell Inc., earned Applause Awards. These two corporate executives were recognized for advancing women's business growth by providing suppliers access to their companies; supporting diversity initiatives within or outside their organizations; and mentoring the next generation of executives or suppliers.
A special Applause Award was presented to a team of corporate executives serving on the WBENC Board, the WBENC certification staff, and WBENC's Regional Partner Organizations. This group was recognized for enabling WBENC to deliver the new Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) certification on behalf of the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) for its Federal Contracting Program. The recipients included the following individuals.
WBENC Certification Team:
- Susan Cates, Manager, Alliance Relationships
- Candace Waterman, Chief of Staff
- LaKesha White, Senior Certification Program Manager
WBENC Board Members:
- Nancy Conner, Chair, WBENC National Certification Committee and Manager, Supplier Diversity, W.W. Grainger
- Benita Fortner, WBENC Board Vice Chair and Director, Supplier Diversity, Raytheon
- Pamela Prince-Eason, President & CEO, WBENC
- Cheryl Stevens, Vice President of Supplier Diversity, Energy Future Holdings and former WBENC Board Chair
- Laura Taylor, WBENC Board Chair and Vice President, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Operations, Pitney Bowes
The 14 WBENC Regional Partner Organizations, with special recognition to:
- Debbie Hurst, President, Women's Business Council Southwest
- Michelle Richards, President, Women's Business Enterprise Council – Great Lakes
- Susan Rittscher, CEO, Center for Women and Enterprise
- Blanca Robinson, President, Women's Business Enterprise Council – South
- Geri Swift, Chair of the Leadership Council and President, Women's Business Enterprise Council PA-DE-sNJ
View more information about the 2012 Applause Award recipients in the July 2012 President's Report.
2011 Applause Award Recipients
Four female executives received WBENC's 2011 Applause Award recognizing outstanding achievement and contributions to the national organization. The Applause Award was conferred to:
2009 Applause Award Recipients
The 2009 Applause Award recipients are Virginia Littlejohn and Elizabeth A. Vazquez, leaders of Quantum Leaps, Inc. and TradeBuilders, Inc., organizations that, respectively, promote women's enterprise development globally and seek to expand opportunities for WBEs to participate in global trade. Littlejohn and Vazquez are the principals of WEConnect International.