WBENCPitch is a series of pitch competitions to help WBEs hone their business pitch, gain exposure and win prizes!
Rules & Eligibility Requirements:
- Participants must be a certified WBE in WBEC-East’s region of PA, DE and south NJ
- Pitches must be no longer than 90 seconds and must be sent via YouTube link. Content past 90 seconds will not be considered.
- All submissions must be received no later than Friday, July 22 at 11:59 PM Eastern to be entered into the prequalifying round for judging.
- Pitcher must be the female owner of the company
- Pitches must stick to the theme of innovation– an innovative idea that is ready for market or is currently in market, differentiates from standard offerings within their industry and or solves a problem in a new/inventive way
- If the innovative solution is a result from a joint venture between multiple WBE companies, the application must be submitted on behalf of only one of the WBE companies.
- Top 3 Competitors | Free ticket to WBEC-East Desserts, Awards & More Celebration in October in Philadelphia
- Top 3 Competitors | Discount on their next WBE recertification processing fee
- Top National Winners | Grant opportunities to be announced
- 7/13 & 7/20 | Pitch Training Sessions (Optional but highly encouraged)
- 7/22 | Deadline to submit pre-qualifying 90-second videos
- 8/5 | Top 10 participants from the prequalifying round are notified
- 8/25 | Regional Round of Top 10 broadcast live for judging and public viewing at 1:00 PM
- Week of 10/24 | Top 3 pitch live at National Virtual Semi-Finals
- Week of 11/14 | National In-Person Finals (Invitation Only)