WBENC is pleased to invite you to attend “Women of Color: Soul Hydration: Well-Being Strategies for Recharging and Renewal.”
Soul Hydration is a mental health and well-being workshop focused on regulating your nervous system, creating purposeful enjoyment and exploring new depths within yourself. This workshop is designed to provide a mix of educational tools and practical strategies to help you manage stress, reduce anxiety and improve your overall quality of life especially during busy seasons.
Take a moment to rejuvenate with this mental health workshop that incorporates breath work, light accessible chair yoga, journaling and heartfelt dialogue. You deserve it.
In preparation for the session, make sure to have:
- 8oz glass of water (minimum)
- Pen and paper/journal/idex cards to handwrite
- A pleasant aroma – example: candle, incense, or diffuser (optional)
- An open mind (allow yourself to take a break from your busy day)
After attending this workshop you will learn:
- Increase awareness and understanding of mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, and burnout, and be able to recognize the signs and symptoms in themselves and others
- How to set, establish and live with intentional lifelong healthy habits
- Effective ways to regulate your nervous system and tune into your bodily wisdom through meditation and breathwork
- How to integrate self-care and stress reduction practices in your daily activities such as mindfulness, relaxation techniques, and healthy lifestyle choices
- The beauty of cultivating community as you achieve your well-being goals
The WBENC Women of Color Program is an outreach and development program designed to build and strengthen a dynamic ecosystem for women of color entrepreneurs. All are welcome to attend.
About the Speaker
Radiance Basden is a trailblazing well-being consultant, coach, yoga instructor, NASM certified personal trainer and champion of human development. She enlightens others about the mental, spiritual, and physical benefits of internal wellness and body movement.
Radiance is a Hall of Fame runner and wellness expert who has worked with brands including lululemon, Mental Health America, AMResorts, NCAA, Prudential, DC government, as well as local running clubs, gyms and schools. She is the Founder and Principal Consultant for Rooted in Radiance, a full service wellness enterprise HQ in Washington, DC. Rooted in Radiance provides programs covering well-being, fitness, and mental resilience including stress reduction programs, holistic health talks, training, experiential wellness activations and multi-sensory guided experiences.
Radiance is passionate about helping people strengthen their minds and bodies for maximum performance. After experiencing burnout, she sought to reconstruct what it means to invest in your well-being personally and professionally. Radiance uses her decades of experience in fitness and resilience to help others uncover their gifts and push beyond the status quo to create transformational change. Her mission includes creating channels to amplify underrepresented voices, service marginalized communities and champion DE&I, health, and well-being topics.
Radiance graduated from the University of South Carolina with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication and Georgetown University with a Master of Professional Studies – Sports Industry Management. She also has a Diversity & Inclusion Certificate from Cornell University.