The Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) presents this 15th Annual event. It features plenaries, educational workshops, a large Exhibit Hall, as well as business matchmaking sessions. Over 600 attendees will represent all levels of Federal, state, and local government agencies, the small business community, large/prime contractors, and more.
The OSDBU goal is to provide maximum practicable opportunities in the Departments' acquisitions to all small business concerns. The OSDBU created this 2 1/2 day event to connect small businesses with various DOE offices and programs to enhance DOE's overall mission of ensuring America's security and prosperity by:
- Strengthening and sustaining America's Energy Independence
- Introducing new innovations in areas of Science and Engineering
- Enhancing nuclear security through defense, nonproliferation, and environmental efforts
DOE2016 will provide small businesses with the information needed to help navigate through the largest civilian agency within the Federal government. General sessions and breakouts will include subjects, such as:
- DOE Headquarters Panel
- DOE National Laboratories and Site Office
- DOE IT Opportunities
- DOE's Supply Chain Management
- National Nuclear Security Administration (East Coast Locations)
- Power Administrations
- Executive Storytelling: How Leaders Use Stories to Engage, Persuade and Inspire
- Marketing to Win: How to Identify the Real Decision-Maker and Tailor Your Message
- Proposal Preparedness
- Finding and Winning Simplified Acquisitions, Part 1 & 2
- The Power of Effective Networking
- Social Media for Small Business
and many more...
DOE2016 is a great opportunity for small business owners to learn from experts and network with DOE representatives and prime contractors working with DOE.
Need tips on how to do business with DOE? Read Bloomfield Knoble's interview with DOE OSDBU Director, Mr. John Hale, III