It's finally here! We are so excited to welcome you all to Detroit for the 2018 National Conference & Business Fair. We've already had a productive and energizing start so far in the Motor City with our pre-conference day, including some amazing panel discussions and insights in our Women of Color and Women's Enterprise Forum meetings. As we officially kick things off today, here are a few things to keep on your radar and a summary of Monday's highlights in case missed it.
3 Things to Remember to Do on Tuesday
- Register and get your badge. Come see us in the registration foyer in the Cobo Center to check-in and get your badge, if you haven't already. If you are walking from the waterfront entrance on Atwater Street, just head through the Atrium and up the escalators. If you come in through one of the street-level Cobo Center entrances, just look for the large Joe Lewis statue and you will find registration and bag pick-up. Once you have your badge, please remember to keep it with you. You will need to have it to enter all functions, including the Welcome Reception this evening in the Atrium.
- Checkin on the mobile app. Wondering who else is here? Check in on the WBENC Mobile App and connect directly with other attendees. Plus, you can also access schedules, maps and room assignments. Download the app.
- Start your step tracking. The Corporate Fitness Works HealthTrails Challenge starts today! Track your steps, learn about Detroit, and compete with fellow attendees for the chance to win a Row GX Trainer Water Rower. To participate, register here: wbenc2018.healthtrails.com
Some Highlights from Monday
Women of Color development & Outreach program
The Women of Color Development & Outreach Program session focused on the theme of My Circle, examining the business eco-system and three components in particular: Access to Capital, Access to Business and Personal Development and Access to Social Networks.
Women's Enterprise Forum Meeting & Keynote
The Women's Enterprise Forum Meeting featured an engaging panel discussion on "Leveraging Expertise: A Discussion on Angel Investors and Venture Capital," as well as a updates from across the WBENC network and WIPP, and an exciting keynote by networking guru Kelly Hoey.
BMW NextGen VIP Reception - Celebrating WBENC leaders past, present & Future
BWM hosted a reception to celebrate and bring together WBENC leaders from the past, present and future, including our NextGen WBEs and Supplier Diversity Professionals.
What to Look Forward to on Tuesday
- Registration: Registration is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Cobo Center. Remember to check-in to get your badge and swag bag! We also have maps for each day of the event to help you craft your daily schedule, select your workshops, and navigate your way around the Cobo Center.
- NextGen Meeting: Our official NextGen meeting features an exciting panel on leveraging entrepreneur ecosystems, as well as breakout and networking sessions for WBEs and Supplier Diversity Professionals to connect.
- First Time Attendee Orientation: If this is your first National Conference, you will not want to miss this session. WBEs from the Host Committee will guide you through all you need to know to make the most of your time here in Detroit.
- Kickoff Luncheon: We’re excited to see everyone at the first general session to officially kick-off the 2018 National Conference & Business Fair! Join use for key updates from leaders in the WBENC network, inspiring speakers and insights, and of course, a delicious lunch to power you through the afternoon workshops.
- Workshops: The first workshops will kick off at 2:30 PM. Read workshop descriptions and find room assignments in the WBENC Mobile App or in the Tuesday conference brochure you receive at registration.
- Welcome Reception & Silent Auction: Finally, celebrate a productive day with some fun, food and drinks at our official Welcome Reception. We'll have heavy appetizers and plenty of opportunities to mingle and network. Don't forget to check out the Silent Auction - bidding kicks off at 5:30 PM. Preview some of the Silent Auction packages here.
Follow along and share your favorite moments using hashtag #WBENCconf! If you have any questions throughout the day, feel free to stop at registration or tweet us at @WBENCLive.