Women-owned businesses can make a great summer even better with the perfect treats for every adventure. Grab your favorite beach bag and make sure to stock up on the coolest women-owned products for the hottest summer days.
Choose A Snack--And An Adventure
- Munch on gourmet popcorn from 479 Degrees at an outdoor movie showing.
- Be the star of the picnic with gluten-free, dairy-free, all-American whoopie pies from The Piping Gourmets.
- Snack on tasty seasoned jerky from Fusion Jerky on your way up the mountain, and tuck vegan Bixby chocolate bars (flavor combos include dark chocolate, pistachio, and Maine sea salt) into your backpack for a treat at the summit.
- On the hottest day of the year, turn the sprinkler on in the back yard and keep the ice pops coming. The Ziegenfelder Company’s Budget Saver pops make it easy to treat all the kids in the neighborhood.
- During a summer thunderstorm, bake cookies without firing up the oven with 600-lb Gorillas’ toaster oven dough (or sink your teeth into a luscious cookie ice cream sandwich).
Throw a Summer BBQ or Brunch
- While you’re waiting for the grill to heat up, My Brother’s Salsa and chips will keep your guests happy. You can even support a women-owned business with the coal itself, thanks to Fire and Flavor!
- Once you’re ready to serve, Kam’s Kettle Cooked chili sauces bring all the right kinds of heat.
- Ready to cool off? Reach for a glass of Milo’s iced tea or whip up some Natalie’s margarita mix.
- Make sure to have vegetarian options! Mann Packing offers pre-cut veggies ready to steam in the bag. Van’s Kitchen egg rolls are a perfect grab-’n’-go snack, or even a light meal.
- Kick fruit salads up a notch with FunBites. The blade cutter quickly creates hearts, triangles, and more. These are fun at your own party, and they also make a cute hostess gift.
- And don’t forget brunch! Southern Culture’s pancake mixes let you whip up a stack of Meyer lemon and blueberry flapjacks without making a mess in the kitchen. If one burner on is one too many, dig into pink lemonade or peach-flavored muffins from Muffin Mam.
Keep the Sun Fun and Safe
- Get all-natural sun protection you can trust from California Baby. Their allergy-tested, fragrance-free formula is designed for a baby’s sensitive skin. Adults will appreciate that the non-greasy texture works well under makeup.
- Goddess Garden Organics started out with a full spa line before deciding to concentrate on their popular sun products. Bottles of certified organic sunscreen and after-sun care are infused with relaxing essential oils, perfect for a poolside nap.
- A travel crib is a great tool for taking babies to the beach or a picnic. Throw on a cute, machine-washable slipcover from Coverplay to keep things neat, and drape a towel over the top of the crib to offer little ones extra shade.
- Keep feet pedi-ready with Xenna’s foot treatments. You’ll find products to heal aching heels and keep your toenails healthy all season.