We had a fantastic Business Fair yesterday with an opening keynote from Freddie Ravel and more than 300 exhibits at this year’s business fair floor! Stay tuned for more pictures!
Top Tips for Thursday
- You have one last chance to meet up in the morning for NetWalking! Meet at 7 a.m. in the Hyatt Regency lobby to walk and network with fellow WBEs.
- Procurement Opportunity Connection 1:1 Matchmaker Meetings start at 9 a.m. in the Windermere Ballroom. Just remember to arrive 30 minutes before your appointment!
- Feeling stressed before your MatchMaker Meeting? Stop by the Wellness Lounge for stress relief!
- The first set of concurrent workshop sessions run between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- The second set of concurrent workshop sessions run between 11:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Join us for our finale luncheon at 12:45 in the Regency Ballroom featuring Carol Stiff, Vice President of Women's Sports Programming.
- Procurement Opportunity Connection 1:1 Matchmaker Meetings start again at 3 p.m. in the Windermere Ballroom. Just remember to arrive 30 minutes before your appointment!
- At 3 p.m., you have the opportunity to participate in the Student Entrepreneur Pitch competition located in Bayhill 21 & 22!
- From 5:30 to 6:30, settle in at the general reception before the Tribute! Dinner and Awards Ceremony from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Regency Ballroom.
- The road to the 20th Anniversary WBENC National Conference & Business Fair start at 9 p.m. with the Las Vegas Launch Party! Join us on the dance floor!
Reflecting on Day One
Tuesday started out with both a moment of silence and a moment celebrating love. Leaders in the WBENC community gathered on stage to stand in solidarity with the City of Orlando and the LGBT community.
EY Diversity & Inclusiveness Procurement Leader and WBENC Board Chair Theresa Harrison delivered an address to attendees.
WBENC President and CEO Pamela Prince-Eason updated attendees on the state of WBENC and the strategic plan moving forward.
Cheryl Stevens of Energy Future Holdings introduced our co-chairs for paired interviews:
Attendees took part in sponsored breakout sessions and then made their way to the first set of workshop sessions in the afternoon.
After sitting for so long, several attendees took the time to try out the fitness activities at the Wellness Lounge.
Day One concluded with the Welcome Reception and the Silent Auction.