Tuck-WBENC Strategic Growth Program
The Tuck-WBENC Strategic Growth Program (SGP) is for Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs) who are dedicated to the advancement and success of their business. This 6-day intensive course is designed for WBEs and their executive teams who are ready to plan and execute a business strategy that will elevate their company to the next level. Building upon the fundamentals taught in the Tuck-WBENC Executive Program (EP), the SGP curriculum will focus on growth strategies, including organic growth, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic alliances. The curriculum will guide WBEs and their teams through these topics:
- Financial Statements and Decision Making
- Strategy for Growth/Strategy Implementation
- Growth through Innovation
- Financial Strategy Implementation
- Marketing for Growth
- Strategic Acquisitions
- Customers and Suppliers
Program attendees will leave the program with actionable insights that will lead their company to experience growth and increased value.
Who Should Attend
Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs) who have completed the Executive Program, have a minimum of 5 years of executive management experience, and are poised for growth.
WBEs may be accompanied by an executive officer from their firm who meets the eligibility requirements and is dedicated to the growth and success of the WBE.
The SGP has been designed for WBEs who have completed the Executive Program and have had at least one full calendar year between programs to implement the lessons taught in the Executive Program. Additionally, applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the program:
- Successfully completed the Tuck-WBENC Executive Program
- Current WBENC-Certified WBE in good standing
- Must be the majority owner of the company
- Have a minimum of five years of experience operating a business
- Maintain a minimum annual sales volume of $1,000,000
Additionally, the WBE may be accompanied by an executive officer from their company to participate in the program. Each executive officer must meet the following criteria and complete an application to be eligible for the program:
- Currently an executive officer and in the position for at least one year
- Have at least 5 years of senior management experience
- Maintain some business decision making capability within the company
- Must directly report to the WBE applicant
While this program does not require WBEs to a bring member of their executive team, it is required that the WBE be present for the entirety of the program and may not send an executive in lieu of their participation.
Dates and Timeline
The Strategic Growth Program (SGP) will be held October 1-6, 2017 at the HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center in Palisades, New York.
The application period is now closed.
The cost per individual is $4,900 which includes tuition, course materials, accommodations, and most meals.
Note: WBENC offers the Dorothy B. Brothers Scholarship which can be applied to the cost of the Tuck-WBENC Strategic Growth Program and other executive development programs in support of WBENC-Certified WBEs. For more information on the scholarship, please visit the Dorothy B. Brothers Scholarship page.
The Tuck-WBENC Executive Program
The Tuck-WBENC Executive Program is a six-day intensive experience focused on WBE skill development to increase business capacity, operations, and leadership. Participants examine their businesses as case studies throughout the week and apply core business concepts through real-world applications. Throughout the week, WBEs will:
- Evaluate overall business strategy in rapidly-changing markets
- Diagnose the strengths and weaknesses of operations
- Analyze a balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows
- Develop an effective marketing strategy
- Improve ability to communicate vision and inspire teams
- Strengthen your professional network through collaborative learning groups
- Currently in good standing as a WBENC-Certified Women's Business Enterprise
- Must be the owner of the company
- Have a minimum of three years of experience running a business
- Maintain a minimum annual sales volume of $500,000
Who Should Attend
Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs) who are dedicated to understanding a multifaceted approach to business operations and leadership. This program is the prerequisite for the Tuck-WBENC Strategic Growth Program.
Dates and Timeline
The Executive Program (EP) will be held in September 2018.
The application period is now closed. To stay up-to-date on information for this program, complete our online contact form.
The cost per WBENC-Certified WBE is $3,750 which includes tuition, course materials, accommodations, and most meals.
Note: WBENC offers The Dorothy B. Brothers Scholarship which can be applied to the cost of the Tuck-WBENC Executive Program and other executive development programs in support of WBENC-certified WBEs. For more information on the scholarship, please visit the Dorothy B. Brothers Scholarship page.
Contact Vaughn Farris at 202-315-1520 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about Tuck-WBENC sponsorship opportunities.