[ Global Certification Partners ]
WEConnect InternationalWEConnect International works with a global network to help facilitate sustainable economic growth by increasing opportunities for women-owned businesses to succeed in the global value chain.
The WEConnect International network represents over US$700 billion in annual purchasing power. Founding Members include Accenture, Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, Boeing, Cisco Systems, Citigroup, Ernst & Young, HP, IBM, Intel, Manpower, Motorola, Pfizer, PG&E, Verizon and Walmart. These corporations are world leaders in promoting more inclusive global value chains.
WEConnect International recognizes that WBENC Standards and Procedures represent the "Gold Standard" for women's business enterprise (WBE) certification. Like WBENC, WEConnect international certifies WBEs that are at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. The two organizations are collaborating to make it easier for women business owners to find each other, do business together, and scale their businesses globally.
Technology plays a pivotal role in this new network to help compress the procurement cycle and transcend some of the traditional barriers to trade. The WEConnect International global portal will be launched in 2011 to help facilitate networking and business connections around the world.
WEConnect International works closely with several supporting organizations to help deliver on its mission and services including WEConnect Canada, WEConnect Europe, NASSCOM in India, Quantum Leaps, the Women Presidents' Organization, the World Bank Group, the International Trade Centre, and other champions in key markets.
WEConnect International & WBENC
The certification process followed by WEConnect International is modeled on WBENC's Standards and Procedures.. WBENC certifies WBEs in the United States and WEConnect International certifies WBEs based outside of the United States.
Benefits to Corporations:
- Ability to source from WBEs certified inside and outside the United States
- Confidence in awarding contracts to WBEs, whose certification has been processed with internationally standardized procedures, so buyers can accurately report utilization and spend
- Participation in a truly global knowledge network that leads to business connections
- Regular updates on new developments in supplier diversity and inclusion globally
Benefits to Women's Business Enterprises:
- Powerful resource for promoting women's economic empowerment
- Increased local and global procurement opportunities for women owned businesses
- Knowledge transfer, training and technical assistance on how to become a more effective supplier to corporations and governments
- Access to global resources, standards, models, templates, methodologies, benchmarks and research
- International business linkages and introductions among and between supporting organizations, WBEs, corporations, governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and other stakeholders at the global level
For more information about WEConnect International, please visit www.WEConnectInternational.org.