What is WBENC's CORE Platform?
WBENC's core competencies are Certification, Opportunities, Resources and Engagement.
Certification is the cornerstone of WBENC’s value proposition. The WBENC certification standard is the most relied upon certification of women-owned businesses. Certification is adminsitered throughout the 50 United States, Puerto Rica, and the Virgin Islands by our 14 Regional Partner Organizations. Internationally, certification is administered by our MOU partner, WEConnect International.The ongoing goal for WBENC certification is to be the most valued certification of women-owned, operated, and controlled businesses, which is recognized by public, private, non-profit and government entities.
As the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) approved WBENC as a Third Party Certifier of Women Owned Small Businesses (WOSB) to support its WOSB Federal Contracting Program effective 2011, WBENC has expanded its role in providing access to markets – now corporate and government – for Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs).
Opportunities deliver the programming and networking needs of our constituents. WBENC is committed to connecting both our corporate and government members and our WBEs with women’s business enterprises in the most effective ways. We are focused on accelerating opportunities and creating a superior resource pool for all constituents. We deliver world-class programming that enhances business development and growth by maximizing relevant knowledge programs and capitalizing on the wealth of industry expertise in our community.
Resources are provided through our network to address the challenges women face in building and growing a business, providing support throughout the full lifecycle of their business. Our goal is to ensure we provide WBEs access the needed education, support and tools. A few examples of these include:
- Capacity building programs, focused on growth and development throughout all phases of the business lifecycle; offered at both the National and RPO level.
- WBENCLink, our database that connects corporate and government members to WBEs (and WBEs to other WBEs).
- Insights – industry research, webinars, interviews and toolkits, skills-based reference library
- Tuck-WBENC Executive Program, brought to you by IBM – an intensive week long program focused primarily on increasing the competitive advantage and robustness of each participant’s business.
- Dorothy B. Brother Executive Scholarship Program – provides WBEs access to high caliber management education at the executive level.
Engagement of our constituents is key to success throughout the WBENC network. Involvement strengthens existing relationships and fosters new ones. Recognition that promotes the success of key constituents creates a better awareness of leading practices required to create success for women entrepreneurs and inspires all to reach higher standards of performance.