Welcome to Dallas! We’re so excited that you’re here. Here are just a few things you should know as we prep for the week, a short summary of Monday's activities, and what to look forward to on Tuesday.
3 Things to Know
- Check your email. To make sure your Summit & Salute is as productive and enjoyable as possible, we’ve compiled a checklist of important tips and things to know about the week ahead. You’ll find the full list in your inbox.
- Download the app. This will help you personalize your schedule, find your way around, and even make connections with fellow attendees. Download now.
- Follow along on social. You can follow updates from us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We welcome you to share your favorite moments and follow the conversation at hashtag #SummitSalute.
Some Highlights from Monday
Women of Color Outreach and Development Program
We launched the inaugural Women of Color session, presented by Coca Cola. The 3-hour session focused on business and personal development, specifically on how to build business and social networks.
NextGen Happy Hour
The next generation of makers, builders and buyers gathered for a fun, interactive networking NextGen Happy Hour. The event featured a Women Owned photo booth, WBENC quiz, several Women Owned businesses, and plenty of fruitful networking.
What to Look Forward to on Tuesday
- Registration: If you haven’t checked in yet to get your badge, registration is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Peacock Foyer. Come see us!
- NextGen Meeting: Fresh off of our inspiring happy hour, the NextGen of WBENC is gathering again for a full meeting, featuring a keynote from executive coach and leadership consultant Caytie Langford, as well as peer-to-peer networking, collaborative learning, and breakout sessions for WBEs and Supplier Diversity Professionals. (RSVP required.)
- WBE 2 WBE Connection: At 10:30 a.m., WBEs will not want to miss WBE 2 WBE Connection. During this session, all WBENC-Certified WBEs have the opportunity to connect with other participating WBENC-Certified WBEs of their own choice in an open but formal event. Upon arrival WBEs will receive a list of participating WBEs and their industries. No advance preparation is required. Just show up ready to network!
- The Women’s Enterprise Forum Meeting and Keynote is sure to be informative, featuring keynotes, panels and presentations designed to showcase the latest trends and resources available for WBEs. The Forum meeting begins at 1 p.m. and is open to all WBENC-Certified WBEs. The Forum Keynote begins at 4 p.m. and is open to all Summit & Salute attendees.
Show Your Support for Women Owned
We had a lot of fun with the Women Owned photo booth at the NextGen Happy Hour. Stop by the Women Owned table today for your own Women Owned selfie!