A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
Women's Business Enterprises:
- Sawgrass Logistics, a WBENC-Certified logistics company, conducted a survey on best practices for engaging women in trucking for the Women In Trucking Association.
- WBE Griesing Law, LLC has advice for small businesses on how to avoid cyberattacks.
- WBE Sue Bhatia, Founder/Chair of Rose International, shares why she never misses a WBENC Conference.
- Intel, Pfizer & IBM committed $300M to aid women-owned businesses.
- P&G is partnering with UN Women for women’s economic empowerment in Pakistan.
- Corporate Members in the energy industry opened doors wider for women-owned businesses in collaboration with WBENC during the inaugural WBENC Energy Executive Program.
- National Women's Business Council (NWBC) has released a new report in correlation with Veteran’s Day titled Veteran Women & Business: A Data Resource. The report develops a profile of veteran women-owned firms through an analysis of the U.S. Census Survey of Business Owners and Self-Employed Persons and the Annual Survey of Entrepreneurs.
- WBENC is raising the stakes (and opportunities!) for the 2018 Student Entrepreneur Program and Pitch Competition. Applications will be due February 23, 2018, and this year’s program will be held June 17-22, 2018 at the WBENC National Conference & Business Fair in Detroit, MI.
- Small Business Saturday is approaching quickly. Find tips on how to market your small business for Small Business Saturday on November 25.
- WPEO-DC region announced award winning Done Deals™ completed this year with Women Business Enterprises (WBEs).
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Share your thoughts in the comments!