A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
Women's Business Enterprises:
- Eriksen Translations Inc., a leading multilingual services provider, received the WPEO WBE Done Deals Champion Award. The award honors the WPEO Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) that reported the most Done Deals with WPEO corporate members during the challenge period.
- 84 Lumber helps rebuild after Hurricane Harvey. 84 Lumber CEO Maggie Hardy Magerko knew she had to help out her fellow women business owners.
- Daphne Large, President & CEO of Data Facts, Inc. is recognized by the Memphis Business Journal as a 2017 Super Woman in Business.
- SAGE Advice Program offered by WPEO & Capital One helps women business owners accelerate growth.
- Bank of America released their 2017 Women Business Owner Spotlight report.
- The Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network (DWEN) advances and connects female founders.
Women Owned Logo Spotlight:
- October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. When breast cancer is detected early (localized stage), the 5-year survival rate is 98%. Create your early detection plan. Two WBE founders and survivors have created companies dedicated to the dignity and comfort of those recovering from breast cancer surgeries. Heal in Comfort and Medebra offer surgical recovery garments for both men and women for under $100. Learn more.
- SBA Champion Geri Swift actively promotes women-in-business organizations.
- The Enterprising Women of the Year Award is considered one of the most prestigious recognition programs for women entrepreneurs worldwide. Award winners are recognized for building financially successful, thriving businesses; exhibiting leadership at the local, state, national or international level; and mentoring and giving back to support other women in business. The deadline to submit a nomination is November 1, 2017; Awards Celebration takes place March 4-6, 2018 in Miami, FL
- National Women's Business Council has released a new report in correlation with Hispanic Heritage Month titled Hispanic Women Entrepreneurship: Understanding Diversity Among Hispanic Women Entrepreneurs. The report identifies the unique characteristics of Hispanic women entrepreneurs, reviews entrepreneurship training program practices that work to encourage successful business outcomes among this population, and suggests targeted tactics to unlock their potential.
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Share your thoughts in the comments!