A curated list of articles, news stories, and perspectives from entrepreneurs we think you might find interesting from around the WBENC network.
Catching Up with WBEs in the Network
- Did you know there are over 2 million break-ins to homes in the US every year? Women Owned Nu-Set Locks was featured on Lifetime Channel Designing Spaces on July 29 and August 5, which featured their electronic lockboxes for better security.
- WBENC-Certified Tasty Brand, Inc. was recently profiled by Forbes as part of the Capital One Spark series! Founders and friends Liane Weintraub and Shannan Swanson were pioneers in the organic food industry when they launched a national, organic, non-GMO snack company.
- Watch their authentic, down-to-earth interview here!
News You Should Know
- The Kauffman Foundation released their 2016 Index of Startup Activity two years after reporting one of the lowest levels of new startup activity. This year, women and minority owners are on the rise—and in the spotlight.
A Tool For Talking
- Inc. Magazine has a video series named the Productivity Playbook. WBENC recently debuted What’s Your Number as an icebreaker for networking, but if you need some easy tips, learn 7 Ways to Start a Conversation.
Welcome New WBEs!
Two WBEs recently shared news of their certification!
Do you have an accolade, opportunity, or recognition you would like to see in Around the Network? Share your thoughts in the comments!