The pool’s still open, but the school year will be underway before you know it. Many WBEs and their partners juggle business and parenting responsibilities. However you define “having it all,” chances are you’re striving for it. Seventy percent of mothers are in the workforce, according to the Department of Labor. Let us make your life a little easier with our women-owned back-to-school special!
Start with School Supplies and Essentials
From the first school bus ride to the college application adventure, your kids can find supplies they need from WBEs.
- Finding a stylish, sturdy backpack for your child and helping a student in need at the same time? That’s an A+ in our book. For every purchase from Sydney Paige, Inc., the company donates matching supplies to an underserved student. Adorable designs will get kids excited to bring their backpack to the bus stop.
- Keep the good feelings going with an eco-friendly water bottle from Absolute Aqua (there are great options for parents and kids).
- Debbie Lynn’s stationery supplies are available at stores like Kroger and Big Lots. Whether you’re looking for sleek pens or a “Cuteriffic” puppy pencil sharpener, you’ll find something to make homework a breeze.
Give Little Learners a Step Up
Encourage the youngest members of your family to exercise their growing bodies and brains.
- Start by dropping the kids off for daycare in style. Little feet stay snug and warm with socks and tights from GoldBug Inc. The women-owned brand makes cute footwear and accessories for classic brands like Carters, OshKosh, and Target and Kohl’s lines.
- Get quality learning time with interactive Teach My kits for ages six months through kindergarten. Animal babies, alphabet toys, and play money help you reinforce basic math and reading skills while you play.
- If you’re constantly on the go, don’t worry about hauling multiple totes (or forgetting to transfer an important document). Roomy bags from Graceship can comfortably fit your laptop, phone charger, and a spare diaper so you can leave the diaper bag at home.
Pack Lunches With Love
Kids need good fuel to keep them focused for the school day.
- Tay’s Gourmet granola is one way to provide a tasty, nutrient-packed breakfast. Sprinkle over yogurt, or give them a baggie to nibble at lunch.
- PB Crave steps up the traditional PB&J with fun flavors like CoCo Bananas. Better yet, part of the proceeds benefit kids in areas that struggle with malnutrition.
- Kids with allergies, celiac, or Crohn's disease love after-school treats, too. CharmedBar makes it easier on parents with gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free fruit and nut bars.
- Salty and sweet snack lovers can find a crunchy treat from Pretzel Perfection. The gluten-free pretzels come chocolate-dipped or in favorite flavors like chipotle or tomato basil.
You may have noticed that many of these snacks make a handy addition to a brown-bag lunch of your own. Go for it! WBEs need plenty of nutrition and energy to stay sharp for their businesses, too.
- Wrap it all up with tree-free napkins from TG Eco. The women-owned business uses sustainable sugarcane husks and bamboo to make their paper products. You can find inspiration for resourcefulness and commitment to the planet even in the tiniest everyday activities.
What goals are you setting for your family this school year? Share with us in the comments.