Leveraging social media before, during, and after an event gives you a chance to prepare and amplify your presence onsite. The WBENC Social Media Guide will help you not only join the ongoing WBENC conversation at the National Conference & Business Fair, but also help you maximize your networking efforts onsite.
We love when attendees report on educational workshops, share quotes from keynote speakers, and even snap a quick picture from the Business Fair floor!
Excited to attend the conference? Show your excitement by using the hashtag #WBENCConf to share why you are looking forward to this amazing annual event!
What Platforms Should You Use?
Make sure to follow WBENC and engage with us on these platforms:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WBENC
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/wbenclive
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/wbenc
Go one step further:
- Download the WBENC Events mobile app, and link the app to your Facebook and Twitter feeds!
Who Is Attending?
Find out who is attending:
- Subscribe to the #WBENCConf 2016 Twitter list to connect with Corporate Members, 2016 Host Committee, key WBE and other stakeholders.
- Subscribe to the WBENC RPO Twitter list to ensure you hear from all the 14 Regional Partner Organizations.
- Follow our keynote Speakers on Twitter:
Get a Handle on How to Use the WBENC Hashtags
#WBENCConf is the must-have hashtag for your conference experience. Use this hashtag to share your updates with attendees onsite and around the world who are following along. Make connections before, during, and even after the event.
Support WBENC Opportunities
- #ACTIntentionally is a WBENC campaign that enables us to show our appreciation for our Corporate Members. Use this hashtag to show how we support those who support us.
- Onsite: Stop by the WBENC booth during the Business Fair on Wednesday, June 22 to grab a photo op and enter our attendee contest by letting us know how you #ACTIntentionally.
- Using #BuyWomenOwned or #WomenOwned shows you are supporting commodity products owned, operated, and brought to the market by women. Launched in 2014, the Women Owned logo has been amazingly successful, and it’s still growing.
- Onsite: Stop by the Women Owned booth during the Business Fair on Wednesday, June 22 to see demos and meet companies on the Business Fair floor! Learn more
- #WBENCSEP is the official hashtag of the WBENC Student Entrepreneur Program, which occurs during the three days of the conference. Almost two dozen women are coming from around the country to learn what it takes to be an entrepreneur—and you can engage with them.
- Onsite: Get to know the future of WBENC by attending the live pitch competition Thursday, June 23 at 3 p.m. Ten future WBEs will aim to win more than $10,000 in prizes.
Join the Well on Track Step Challenge
- Corporate Fitness Works has Joined Forces with our Wellness Sponsors, Aetna, CVS, and Target to introduce an exciting wellness challenge during #WBENCConf.
- Sign up for The Well On Track Step Challenge to foster camaraderie onsite, challenge yourself to fitness, and maybe even take home the grand prize. Use the hashtags #wellontrackcfw and #walkintentionally to let people know you’re participating!
Recognize Individual Leaders
- #HesForShes represents the men who stand up for gender parity and for inclusive best practices for women-owned businesses.
- #WBEWisdom recognizes the experience, expertise, and influence of fellow women business leaders and Women’s Business Enterprises in the WBENC network.
Where Can I Meet People Onsite
- Join us at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, June 22 for our 2016 #WBENCconf Tweetup at the map in the lobby leading to the Business Fair floor!
- Make sure to stop by the Dell Social Media Command Center and visit with Lisa Grimes for guidance on social media.
- Use the WBENC Events mobile app to identify and connect with other attendees. Message the new person you met in a workshop and meet for coffee during a break.
· And we saved the best for last! Make sure to attend this workshop:
o Social Media - Next Steps, Tips and Free Tools Presented by Dell
Thursday, June 23 from 10 to 11 AM