Moms work tirelessly throughout the year, and moms who are also WBENC-Certified WBEs manage to care for their families and their businesses. Talk about deserving to put your feet up for a day! We’ve rounded up some pampering ideas to fit any personality or budget, while also supporting a Woman Owned business.
Spa Day at Home
Plenty of women-owned businesses create luxurious skin and hair treatments. Just add two slices of cucumber.
- Miss Spa offers grab-and-go treatments from head-to-toe, like hydrating masks and shea butter lotions. Think of it as a customizable, DIY spa day. Products start at $3, so even little ones can pick out something special.
- If Mom loves a good America’s Next Top Model marathon, she might recognize Ken Paves from makeover days. The celebrity hair expert has released the You Are Beautiful line of hair care—run by a woman. Expect herbal fragrances and nourishing results.
- Curly-haired mamas will love Miss Jessie’s, a family-run business that specializes in caring for natural curls.
- Multi-tasking moms might also appreciate eb5 facial cream. The classic variety is a one-stop firmer, moisturizer, and even makeup base.
Comfort Is Queen
Yoga pants and a ponytail or messy bun are kind of the unofficial uniform for moms on the go. Several WBEs have found ways to make a casual outfit a chance to take care of yourself.
Primping and Polishing
Some artists use a canvas. Others know that painting class is not limited to two dimensions.
- If your mom admires Adele’s cat eye style, check out Stila’s liquid eyeliner. It stays put forever, because who has time to reapply? The company also sells pretty shades for your lips and cheeks.
- Makeup-loving moms will also get excited over a new set of brushes from Measurable Difference. This is a smart pick if you’re not sure what color she’d prefer.
If you want to give your mother the rainbow, treat her nails! With sandal and barefoot beach weather on the way, new polish is an especially fun present.
Start Mother’s Day off right with breakfast in bed, complete with fresh-squeezed juice from Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company. Natalie’s is so committed to sustainability that the fruit rinds are gathered as treats for livestock. Then let Mom unwrap another delicacy to savor, courtesy of Women Owned businesses like:
- Frankonia Fine Wines: White or red, find something to toast the best mother you know.
- White Lion Tea: Loose-leaf or sachet brews that pair perfectly with a great book and a few quiet hours.
- Cielo: Specialty coffee blends, fragrant teas, and hand-painted chocolate bonbons. We can’t decide between caramel nut black tea and rose petal white.
- Seattle Chocolate Company: Check out the lavish gift baskets, such as a Goddess Gift Basket with truffles and a book of stories about inspiring women leaders.
- Vosges: Chocolates for adventurous moms, inspired by flavor combinations around the world. Chinese star anise, Hungarian paprika, and wasabi give everyone’s favorite sweet a new pop.
- Muffin Mam: Cozy, classic favorites like banana walnut muffins and fudgy brownies.
Not All Presents Are From the Kids
Real talk: Having kids doesn’t mean your only identity is Mom. Mothers are whip-smart business owners, caring friends, strong athletes, and loving wives. And just maybe, it’s nice to be reminded that in your partner’s eyes, you’re one hot mama.
- Smart & Sexy delivers bright colors, flirty cuts, and a cheeky sense of humor. We liked the tank top that reads, “My favorite position is CEO.” Ours, too!
- Urban Intimates has been recognized as a top curvy brand in magazines like Ebony and Essence. They offer classic, sultry options with plenty of lace and leopard print to go around.
Remember: How you spend on your gifts may affect many other mothers, so we hope you’ll think about buying Woman Owned. As for our moms, we hope you’re surrounded by encouragement and love on Mother’s Day!