Ambassador Program How To Guides
Event: Promoting WBENC to Prospective Members
- Your action: Review your supplier diversity network and identify a company you think would benefit from a WBENC corporate membership.
- Your action: If you know someone at the company, give them a call and use the suggested script below to review the benefits of being a WBENC corporate member. If don't know someone, give the WBENC Ambassador Program Manager a call to request a contact name. If you can't think of a prospective corporation, ask the WBENC Ambassador Program Manager for a name.
- Your action: Review the WBENC Value To Corporate Members Overview and the suggested script, below. When you are ready, make the call
Suggested script for prospective member outreach:
Hello. My name is (name). I work for (company) as (title). I (saw or got) your name from (source). As a supplier diversity professional, I thought you might like to hear about one of the organizations my company has been a member of for (number) of years. I'm talking about WBENC - Women's Business Enterprise National Council - a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the success of certified women's business enterprises, and corporate members in partnership with its affiliated women's business organizations. I wanted to take a few minutes of your time to tell you about the successful relationship WBENC and (company) have.
Of the approximately 700 corporations with supplier diversity programs, all accept WBENC certification. In support of supplier diversity, WBENC provides these key elements to a successful program:
- Access to a national standard of certification, which includes site visits
- Instant access and in depth information on close to 10,000 certified WBEs via an internet database called WBENC link
- Downloadable certificates for certified WBES
- MatchMaker meetings that connect procurement professionals with qualified WBEs through face to face meetings allowing them to increase diversity within their procurement environment
- The WBENC Balanced Scorecard, a tool that enables corporations to self measure performance in attaining excellence in supplier diversity programs
By utilizing these features my company has been able to:
(list first accomplishment)
(list second accomplishment)
Most recently, we have awarded our (list commodity) business to (list WBE)
By doing all of this we are closer than ever to meeting our ongoing supplier diversity goals.
(Name), I've talked quite a bit about WBENC. Is there anything you'd like to know about WBENC?
Well, (name) thank you for your time. We are looking for new WBENC members and it would be great to see your name added to the WBENC corporate membership list. I would like to send you additional information about WBENC, including the current membership list.
4. Your action: Now, cut and paste this message into a follow up email:
Greetings. It was great talking with you today. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. As a WBENC Ambassador it is my job to help you understand the role WBENC can play to help you achieve your supplier diversity goals by becoming a WBENC corporate member.
Paige Adams will be sending you the WBENC Corporate Membership List and some additional information about WBENC.
Thank you again for your time and please let me know if you have any questions or would like additional information.
Estimated Time: 15 minutes. Don't forget to copy the WBENC Ambassador Program Manager at email@example.com on the email and get credit for completing a WBENC Ambassador Program Event.
5. Your action: Finally mark your calendar to follow up with the prospective member in one month to see how they are doing.
6. Your action: When you see the reminder on your calendar, give the prospective member a phone call, using this script:
Hello (prospective member). This is (your name) from (your company name). I just wanted to give you a quick call to see how you are doing and ask if you've given further thought to becoming a WBENC corporate member and ask if there is anything I can do for you at this time.
Mention any WBENC events you have planned for your organization or any upcoming WBENC events hosted by other Ambassadors or by WBENC that you might know of. Invite them to attend, if applicable.